• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone seen a Silver bullion coin like this?

7 posts in this topic

I picked up this bullion coin in a purchase I made early last year. I really like this coin, especially since it shares the same Obverse as the $20 St. Gaudens Double Eagle. I was looking to see if I could find some more coins like this but have not been able to locate any. The coin is in a bezel and I have no intention of removing it. I've had this piece stored in a felt-lined slab holder for the last year now and what I think is neat is that when I got this coin, there was very little toning on it. And now, after being in that box the Obverse has a very nice shade of blue around the Obverse rim and you can see on the Reverse where even the bezel is toning!

Anyhow, there is a name on the Reverse but it's so worn in the area that I can't make it out. It looks like "A? Minting". The ? is for the letter after the A. I can't make it out. I've searched on eBay but have been able to find anything that looks similar to this. There are a lot of coins with the St. Gaudens $20 Obverse design, but none with the Reverse design. So if anyone knows where I can find these or if they are still being made, I would surely appreciate the information!

StGaudSilverObv_zps3d8068ff.jpg

StGaudSilverRev_zpsabc193fe.jpg

Thanks JP! I like that design too. What I really like is that they don't have huge premiums. I think I may start buying my bullion from them. That's the closest I've seen to spot price in a while.