• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just added a VERY nice Crusader coin to my collection

10 posts in this topic

Thanks to JamminJ for his input in my purchase on this coin. This is a fairly common type of Crusader coin, but what is uncommon about it is the condition and strike. They just don't get much better then this, and I think for this type of coin, its one of the best examples to ever be on the market. The natural earthen patina is what really sold me on it.

219.jpg

Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem Amaury Holy Sepulchre Silver Denier Very Sharp

Crusader Silver Denier Amaury King of Jerusalem Holy Sepulchre

A crusader silver denier of Amaury, King of Jerusalem. 1163 - 1174.

AMALRICVS REX Cross pattee with annulets in second and third quarters.

+ DE IERVSALEM. Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

cf. Malloy # 23.

17mm. 0.9gm.

Oh yea, I also like the fact that they aren't exactly the most popular area when it comes to collecting, and you can build quite a collection for a resonable amount of money. I've seen specimens with less then 3 examples known sell for less then $1500.00.

Many of the ones you have posted didn't appeal to me (I prefer a more modern look - around early 17th century for foreign). However, this one is nice! thumbsup2.gif It looks well struck, not worn to death, and has acceptable crustiness to it.

Glad to see you're happy with it after deciding to pull the trigger!

Definitely one of the higher quality pieces you've posted here. Enjoy! cloud9.gif

-JamminJ