• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New m.o. for theft from vehicles: be forewarned

12 posts in this topic

And they called me crazy for getting manual locks on my truck!! Of course, if the thief is equipped with the proper tools, access to my truck isn't out of the question. It may just take a bit longer!

Why worry about this when you can't get out of a submerged car or your car decides to run over people on the sidewalk. This is insignificant compared to all the other things that take away your security and safety in the name of fighting this or that.

You can't even see to back a car up any longer but don't worry they'll sell you a camera.

Don't worry, be happy, and trust what is foisted upon you.

Buy insurance. If you can't trust an insurance company who can you trust?

Yes don't leave a briefcase of coins in your trunk either.

They will certainly target the more expensive cars believing there is nicer stuff for the taking.

It means when driving to a show, no stops leaving your coins unattended.

Thieves will figure out anything in time!

They learn a great amount of their thieving knowledge from other prisoners when staying at the Hilton (a taxpayer supported resort/spa vacation get away) sometimes incorrectly referred to as a jail. In reality it is more akin to an institution of higher education.

In this resort with such amenities as cable TV, an exercise and fitness center, a library, as well as a pleasant 72º temperature controlled live and work environment, a visitor routinely attends impromptu seminars on various key aspects of the art of thievery.

If it was not for the alternate university system I am certain that the crooks that drilled a hole in our mini van fuel tank would have been clueless, as was I, that someone along the line had a great idea to reduce weight on vehicles they would just build the fuel tanks out of plastic instead of metal.

My dog was on vacation that evening I suspect. Either that or it was a very cold night and I allowed the mutt to sleep inside. I would have much rather awoke to the explosion of some insufficiently_thoughtful_person drilling a hole in a metal gas tank. Sadly the crooks were much too smart for that. They knew which vehicles had plastic tanks and which did not.

They were eventually caught and are currently a few month into their sophomore year. But what they have learned, which is far more dangerous to the public, is that the justice system is on their side. You see - even while they were convicted and serving a four year sentence (of which they will likely not see an entire year), they came before the Judge in my county for the same offense. Unbelievably, even while serving time for the same type of felony offense, they were given 5 years probation in my county!!!

What did they learn? Crime Pays!

And now I will post this picture of a coin, to stay on topic as this is a coin forum, in which I am going to use (heads or tails) in determining whether to shoot them dead on their next visit or just lame them for life.

144283.jpg.e2322c41b8f34fa862e991dbac0306b6.jpg

Not terribly surprised that something like that has come out. The device is probably nothing more than a radio transmitter that sends out multiple signals ... sort of like the radio scanners, but in reverse. I put anything of value in my car trunk unless it is a direct trip.

I put anything of value in my car trunk unless it is a direct trip.

Of course since most cars have a trunk release by the front seat, you just use one of these devices to unlock the car, open the door, pop the trunk, and clean that out too.

I put anything of value in my car trunk unless it is a direct trip.

Of course since most cars have a trunk release by the front seat, you just use one of these devices to unlock the car, open the door, pop the trunk, and clean that out too.

Maybe for most cars, but they'd have a hard time on mine as the interior trunk release has a lock on it!