• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me decide

15 posts in this topic

If it is bronze I have to say the top but the contrast provided in the other photos does the piece more justice allowing you to feel the depth of the artwork.

I think there is something left to be desired here and maybe you need another light, maybe diffused lighting? Is the white balance right? With every tiny adjustment to lighting the white balance should be re-done in my experience as well.

I have been working on a massive photo project of dimes with varieties this week. Many of the coins have come to me from others. I was out of practice for a month and have had a heck of time getting everything set up right. I understand your frustration as it's not easy sometimes. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. It is a bronze medal.

All three pics are dead on depending on the lighting. If you rotate it in hand this

is what you get.

I usually prefer pics like the first set myself.

For some reason the last two just made me think of how it would look in the moonlight.

Thanks for the replies. It is a bronze medal.

All three pics are dead on depending on the lighting. If you rotate it in hand this

is what you get.

I usually prefer pics like the first set myself.

For some reason the last two just made me think of how it would look in the moonlight.

Very cool. Since the top has more browns then I think that is the one to go with.

Everyone seems to be in love with the top and I'd says its probably my favorite too. However, I also like the third as it provides some contrast and makes the image more enjoyable to the casual observer.

Personally, I don't like any of them. The color doesn't look natural for bronze.

Here are some images of my ANA medals, taken for me by Bob, aka robec1347, that show what bronze should look like. Granted, these are more modern, but even my 19th century bronze medals don't look like yours.

http://robecsimages.com/chris.html

Chris