• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tables filled

10 posts in this topic

Michael,

will there be coins there too? I already have a table in the dining room and one in the morning breakfast room.

:)

Will to get to New Market for this.

I expect that I will be criticized for asking, but why is the post not considered spam? If it were merely the announcement of a coin show, I wouldn't have asked. But it seems to be largely about tables offered for sale.

Nothing personal against the OP, whom I believe to be a standup guy.

I expect that I will be criticized for asking, but why is the post not considered spam? If it were merely the announcement of a coin show, I wouldn't have asked. But it seems to be largely about tables offered for sale.

I don't think you should be criticized at all.

It is a fair question.

I do note that the OP did place the Ads for both Shows on the numismatic events location.

So, I don't think it is out of bounds to let persons know that a table is available. It is not per say a numismatic item for sale, nor is it a numismatic event, and certainly placing such a Notice on the WC would not be as effective. :banana: I don't think spam can apply, because if it did, then an equality of sorts would be the Threads of the "I bought so and so from so and so, what do you think, because...", or "I prefer such and such buyer/dealer/seller, because...", or "If you are going to so and so a Show, stop by my table...". I don't have a problem with those types of Posts, so I would not be fair if I said I have a problem with this Post.

I am also certain that the OP would not take it personal. I do know that he does a heck of a lot of good for the numismatic community, and at no gain to his personal wealth, and I have never known him to take advantage of goodwill or step over the line. I hear more about certain businesses on this Forum that can be considered Spam, by certain Posters, that I would question before I would question a table offer.

Full disclosure: I have known Mike many, many, many years. For many years and many, many Shows, he has set aside space at no cost to anyone, and a loss to himself, so I could do what I enjoy: assist all who attended the Show, including Dealers, Sellers, YNs, and Collectors of all types, with Library research, YN education, variety attribution, evaluation and reading/resting/Display area. The Display is not small, and the Research books brought are not going to fit on only a standard table, not to mention 2 Microscopes, 2 laptops, and 3 large coin Displays.

I mention all this, so that the generosity he displays, that is unknown in the general numismatic community, can be weighed against a possibly misplaced Board table Offer. He would never say any of this himself. He is just to quiet, and to busy making good lunches. :whee:

While we are at it, I thank him for his Service to his Country, and his continued Service in the higher education community, at a monetary loss to him that most don't know about. An unusual man, in our numismatic community, and a pleasure to know. His wife and children are always at the Shows helping where needed, also. She cooks better than Mike, I will admit that. I will also admit I bring better a more and a wider variety of Donuts for the Dealers than he ever did. Those are his greatest faults: donut supplying and lunch cooking.

Did I lay it on to thick? Sorry :acclaim:

I don't think you should be criticized at all.

It is a fair question.

I do note that the OP did place the Ads for both Shows on the numismatic events location.

So, I don't think it is out of bounds to let persons know that a table is available. It is not per say a numismatic item for sale, nor is it a numismatic event, and certainly placing such a Notice on the WC would not be as effective. :banana: I don't think spam can apply, because if it did, then an equality of sorts would be the Threads of the "I bought so and so from so and so, what do you think, because...", or "I prefer such and such buyer/dealer/seller, because...", or "If you are going to so and so a Show, stop by my table...". I don't have a problem with those types of Posts, so I would not be fair if I said I have a problem with this Post.

I am also certain that the OP would not take it personal. I do know that he does a heck of a lot of good for the numismatic community, and at no gain to his personal wealth, and I have never known him to take advantage of goodwill or step over the line. I hear more about certain businesses on this Forum that can be considered Spam, by certain Posters, that I would question before I would question a table offer.

Full disclosure: I have known Mike many, many, many years. For many years and many, many Shows, he has set aside space at no cost to anyone, and a loss to himself, so I could do what I enjoy: assist all who attended the Show, including Dealers, Sellers, YNs, and Collectors of all types, with Library research, YN education, variety attribution, evaluation and reading/resting/Display area. The Display is not small, and the Research books brought are not going to fit on only a standard table, not to mention 2 Microscopes, 2 laptops, and 3 large coin Displays.

I mention all this, so that the generosity he displays, that is unknown in the general numismatic community, can be weighed against a possibly misplaced Board table Offer. He would never say any of this himself. He is just to quiet, and to busy making good lunches. :whee:

While we are at it, I thank him for his Service to his Country, and his continued Service in the higher education community, at a monetary loss to him that most don't know about. An unusual man, in our numismatic community, and a pleasure to know. His wife and children are always at the Shows helping where needed, also. She cooks better than Mike, I will admit that. I will also admit I bring better a more and a wider variety of Donuts for the Dealers than he ever did. Those are his greatest faults: donut supplying and lunch cooking.

Did I lay it on to thick? Sorry :acclaim:

Thank you, John. That is very good to know.

It's a nice local show....so please attend. Give the wife antique money and she will leave you to your coins.