• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1832 & 1835 Capped Bust 50C

10 posts in this topic

The 1832 is borderline F/VF details, scratched, cleaned, damaged.

The 1835 is a very attractively toned mid-VF, although the surface on the obverse is rough (gouges and hairlines and such). Its borderline whether it would grade.

The 1832 has Fine sharpness but it is scratched. There is no way that that coin would get a grade in an NGC or PCGS certification holder because of the scratches. The scratches under the eagle's head and neck look intentional and really kill the coin. The one of the obverse is large and obvious too.

The second piece grades VF-20 or so and might get a grade. I'm concerned about the rims that seem to have been bumped in a couple of places to the point where the piece is no longer perfectly round.

The 1832 has Fine sharpness but it is scratched. There is no way that that coin would get a grade in an NGC or PCGS certification holder because of the scratches. The scratches under the eagle's head and neck look intentional and really kill the coin. The one of the obverse is large and obvious too.

The second piece grades VF-20 or so and might get a grade. I'm concerned about the rims that seem to have been bumped in a couple of places to the point where the piece is no longer perfectly round.

I agree with Bill.

Carl

The 1832 is borderline F/VF details, scratched, cleaned, damaged.

The 1835 is a very attractively toned mid-VF, although the surface on the obverse is rough (gouges and hairlines and such). Its borderline whether it would grade.

+1