• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 what a great year posted by wmfielding

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I had to buy a much bigger safe

Hello Fellow Collectors, Happy New Year...

What a bunker year 2013 was for the Fielding mini hoard. thanks to the 21st century special, I was able to have well over 800 coins and medals graded. And for the most part, They came back with what I was expecting. I was a little disappointed with my 2013 mint set. I thought I had a few MS 69 and 70's in that set and the highest graded was some MS68's. But oh well such is life.

I said in my teaser that I had to buy a larger safe. I bought a Liberty Centurion 24 gun safe and while trying to get it up the 4 steps on to my porch, I had the misfortune of having it fall on my left leg. I though for sure my leg was broken. but the Good Lord saved me with just a few scrap marks to remind me to pay the darn delivery fee next time.

well all in all 2013 was a great year. My health was as good as could be expected. Except with my short 4 day stay in the hospital with congestive heart problems. But all is good now.

In closing I would like to thank all of you who have helped me with my questions. Some were somewhat stupid if there is such a thing. lastly I would like to wish all of us a healthy and prosperous 2014.

Happy Collecting And May God Bless us all....Mike

See more journals by wmfielding

As others have expressed, I'm glad your leg and heart are fine. I plan on upgrading to a large fireproof safe later this year. I think I'll take your advice and pay for delivery. lol

Unless you have 4 very large friends to help, And a truck. Its the only way to go. Trust me on this one.

Happy collecting and may God bless....Mike

All I can say is next time "Be Safe!!!".....what a collection! I thought my little collection was a hoard....I'm rethinking this now that I have read about your coins! May 2014 bring all Ultra Cameos!!

Bud