• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a 1941 S Washington Quarter Large S?

7 posts in this topic

Doesn't look to be in the right location. I believe from what I have seen, and an example in the coin explorer here, show the 'S' much closer to the wreath for the Large 'S'.

doesnt the top of the S, seem to point downward? and the bottom of the S, seem to point upward? I mean, in the cherrypicker's guide, it makes me think that one is a clear S, and the other is a filled S. I dont think thats the case. I think its the design of the S. But, I dont know what is, or is not a "Trumpet Style S".

Can anybody put together a "Coin Band" with trumpet-style, trombone-style, saxophone-style and clarinet-style mint marks? What about drummer-style overdates?

doesnt the top of the S, seem to point downward? and the bottom of the S, seem to point upward? I mean, in the cherrypicker's guide, it makes me think that one is a clear S, and the other is a filled S. I dont think thats the case. I think its the design of the S. But, I dont know what is, or is not a "Trumpet Style S".

reading the text as well is usually more helpful than just looking at pictures

the CPG 5th says there are 10 dies with a large S