• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1958 flying eagle cent

8 posts in this topic

I bought several penny rolls in an estate sale in CA. I found one 1858 flying eagle.

Very interestingly it has a curved depression running across the eagle's tail and wings. To my mind it appear very unlikely to have been caused during its circulation.

I have referred all the error listings of flying eagle I could find but have not found anything of this kind.

Can any one guide me some source or sources that lists all the known mint errors please

I bought several penny rolls in an estate sale in CA. I found one 1858 flying eagle.

Very interestingly it has a curved depression running across the eagle's tail and wings. To my mind it appear very unlikely to have been caused during its circulation.

I have referred all the error listings of flying eagle I could find but have not found anything of this kind.

Can any one guide me some source or sources that lists all the known mint errors please

Thread title may need proofing. ;)

Welcome, and with the world of knowledge on the Board, if you post some decent pictures you will get good advice, I am sure.

Thread title may need proofing. ;)

Welcome, and with the world of knowledge on the Board, if you post some decent pictures you will get good advice, I am sure.

Welcome :hi:

I don't think you'll find anything that lists all of them. You might. But some of them are just remote. Figure out how to show it to us. If you can do that, we can probably nail it for you.