• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to Mike Printz of Harlan J. Berks

7 posts in this topic

I have known about Mike Printz for a few years. Although I have haven’t bought from Mike and Harlan J. Berk, I am on their site often looking at all the eye candy.

With an additional recommendation from my pal WingedLiberty I contacted Mike in order to consign a 1799 Draped Bust dollar.

I am still in a state of shock at how fast Mike worked to get the coin posted to the HJB site and sold.

Mike first received the coin a week ago today. He reviewed the coin with a nice write up, took life like photos showing a true in hand look and posted on their site by Tuesday afternoon. By Tuesday evening the coin was sold.

I feel that without Mike’s write up or his accurate photos, the coin would still be sitting on the site unsold. It also helps that Mike has a large client list with whom he keeps in close contact.

Here is a Link to the sale with Mike’s photo and write up.

Link

If anyone is looking to consign high end eye appealing coins with someone who will supply great descriptions, great photos and great service look no further than Mike Printz of Harlan J. Berk.

Harlan J Berk has been a fixture in downtown Chicago since I was a kid (probably longer). They have always maintained a reputation for higher end coins and seem very capable and professional.

While I'll never have the budget to do business with them in any meaningful way, they do have a terrific reputation and I'd second the OP's motion.

Harlan J Berk has been a fixture in downtown Chicago since I was a kid (probably longer). They have always maintained a reputation for higher end coins and seem very capable and professional.

While I'll never have the budget to do business with them in any meaningful way, they do have a terrific reputation and I'd second the OP's motion.

That location has been a coin shop since 1949. Harlan took it over in 1988. I started there in 1989.

TD

I have called upon Mike numerous times and he goes above

and beyond to please his customers, even to the point of calling

another customer on my behalf to sell back a Newp he bought

from Mike, that Mike thought would look better in my collection.

As it turns out, his customer has now become a friend of mine

and we have dinner twice a year at both FUN conventions.