• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964-p kennedy PL

8 posts in this topic

My main question with this one is if it perhaps an actual proof. I am unable to accurately convey how the coin looks in my horrible images, but the reflectivity and depth is there. I am just unsure how to tell if may be an actual proof? I think i remember someone saying something about square edges on proofs, but who knows. Let me know what you think. Some of the pics are in direct light, it really shows the mirrors, the other pics are not :)

143241.jpg.81347f9abe509776fe87c31f711e8814.jpg

143242.jpg.cacbe7e0f4cbfa0af66e5fb4612a8ae0.jpg

143243.jpg.662969611313cb871945ae28c9c4e8f0.jpg

143244.jpg.8e4614185fdc542dd85e3197f7cfbe9a.jpg

what do you mean by impaired? i have spent a couple minutes compaing this one to pictures of proofs on ebay, and the rims are way different on actual proofs, i think this might be a winner. i have done quite well on ebay recently so who knows

Wouldn't be odd for the wear in the lower details if this was an actual proof? With this much wear I would also think that the proof fields would be more hairlined than what it is. I would think prooflike would be the better guess. (shrug)

I have looked at these, went else where and came back and still undecided whether or not this is a circulated proof or a business strike. The arrows and E PLURIBUS UNUM banner on the reverse are a bit too mushy to be a proof, so I don't know.

With the images provided, it is not definite.

An "Impaired Proof" is one that has been circulated, and is no longer Mint State.

At a glance, this could be a business strike, but many of these have been deceptively polished, and it is impossible to tell from the images if that is the case here.