• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Moment We've All Been Waiting For: The Fifth Annual Secret Santa Swap!

78 posts in this topic

Yes the Silver Certificate is crisp and uncirculated. And the prestige set is beautiful. I have never owned either so they will forever be in my collection..and Justin that book seems very kewl. I just finished a Patterns book and a 2 cent book. I am starting on the SLQ next. I love reading Numismatic History.

I just got my Secret Santa present in the mail... talk about a beauty of a coin! You know, this is really cool for no other reason than collectors getting presents for collectors has a much higher satisfaction rating than dear Aunt Susie buying that "really cool collectors coin on TV that I saw"..... I am pretty sure we have all had a few of those where you smile weakly and try to gush all over that 24k clad buffalo......

I am not sure if I am supposed to reveal Santa's name or not; but since I know he is active on this thread, I will let him reveal himself if he so desires.

Thanks Santa!

143493.jpg.f1c14e79ef51f7508f5f8cda8a6ae650.jpg

143494.jpg.f9c5d78a31e1826b5c94779faca9a8a1.jpg

143495.jpg.25db4a008cfd03d0397afc83d6a88d41.jpg

Got this in from the North Pole yesterday!

Super cool and thanks!

Sorry for the bad photo, it's a quick shot from my phone and I know, the white balance is off! :)

2013-12-16152524_zpsf124031b.png

First off thanks to Jason for putting this together, its always very enjoyable. I was a little late mailing my gift out but its in the mail and should arrive Saturday or Monday so I made it just in time.

I received two awesome Jefferson nickels a couple days ago. I will post pics soon. Thank you very much to my secret Santa. Not sure if he wants to be mentioned, if so please post.

Merry Christmas all!!

Nick

105fc12e-14d6-460a-9c81-78aaa3e8cd2d_zps61feb0ca.jpg

f5abddff-d5d7-4fc2-9ecd-322cb78a7189_zps471ab764.jpg

My Secret Santa, Crohnos01, sent me some very nice 'So-Called Dollars' commemorating the 150th Anniversary of Fort Vancouver that were issued in 1975. I'm especially attracted to the sterling silver one depicting the Russian plane, first I ever hear of this event and will look into the aeronautical venture.

Thanks, I shall enjoy these for years to come.

Just received a couple of nice Lincoln cents from my Secret Santa. He either knows I love Lincoln's or is an awful good guesser.

First is an Uncirculated 1943-S Zinc cent with a Repunched Mint Mark.

1943SzincRPMobv.jpg1943SzincRPMrev.jpg

Next was a beautiful Red 1955 Proof.

1955ProofObv.jpg1955ProofRev.jpg

I love them both. :applause: Thank you Santa!!

Glad you liked the Vancouver so called dollars. I had intended to get by the fort and send some other documents regarding the event, but they sent me out of town on business at the last minute, which kept me from getting there. I just back in from an epic journey through Salt Lake City where they closed the airport due to weather and left us sitting on the taxiway for 2 1/2 hours....good times...not.

I will try to get by there after the first of the year and send some follow up documentation if you'd like.

I want to thank my SS for a nice addition to my sample slab collection. 1960 rossy in an old PCGS rattler. Thanks!! (pic to follow) I didnt get permission to post his name, but he can respond if he chooses. And i would also like to thank Jason for running a smooth swap!! Happy Holidays to all. BruceS

I'm so glad to see that the Secret Santa is going smoothly, yet again. This is always one of the highlights of the Christmas season for me!

I enjoy it every year! Thanks Jason!!

I want to thank my SS for a nice addition to my sample slab collection. 1960 rossy in an old PCGS rattler. Thanks!! (pic to follow) I didnt get permission to post his name, but he can respond if he chooses. And i would also like to thank Jason for running a smooth swap!! Happy Holidays to all. BruceS

Your very welcome Mr.Bruce. I did some digging h

and found out way ya collected. Glad you like it!!

And a special Thanx to Mr.Jason for putting this together. This was my 1st time and has really been a highlight to my Christmas time.Thanx and Merry Christmas

I would like to add my "thanks" to our SS coordinator. This was my first year participating as last year I found out about it too late. I really got a kick out of it and hope to be able to participate again next year.

I'm so glad to see that the Secret Santa is going smoothly, yet again. This is always one of the highlights of the Christmas season for me!

I enjoy it every year! Thanks Jason!!

+1 (thumbs u

I received my gift this morning! It is a signed first edition of Doug Winter's book on the Dahlonega mint and a copy of the May 1945 issue of "The Numismatist." I have had a chance to peruse anything yet with family here, but this is a wonderful and thoughtful gift.

Thank you Secret Santa!

SecretSanta2013_zpsbb7605bc.jpg

I have just received a package from my Secret Santa :)

i'm so happy with what i got!

although he mentioned some of the items were gifts to him and so he didn't break the $20 limit, i know these gifts are worth way more than that, and he has been very generous.

thank you # ! (David, aka Hash tag) happy holidays to you and your family!

I've received 3 gifts in total,

* 2007-P Washington $1 NGC sample from the 2011 collectors society registry member luncheon

* 2003-A $2 FRN graded GEM UNC 67 by CGA

* a beautiful NGC 9 sample slab 1959-D 10c with some very cool toning

IMG_6240_zpscf70d273.jpg

the NGC 9 sample actually fits perfectly in my set, right next to the other two of these, that are also rainbow toned (probably can't tell from my pics, but they are).

IMG_6241_zpsb952960b.jpg

so again, thank you David and happy holidays!

and thanks Jason for arranging the secret Santa exchange, it's been fun all around!

Well my secret santa put in overtime on my gifts! I keep my coins at NGC and currency ATS with the same user name; Santa knows I collect both. He gave me a book on both, along with two silver certificates: 1st series 1935D and 2nd 1957A. He also knew I live in Texas, I love the Cowboys (even though they're losers this year) and he sent me 12 Topps football cards to boot. Thank you VERY much for the gifts and effort. I almost missed the notes as they were in a card and I wanted to read my book but my wife suggested I look at the card (where the notes were) which was also thoughtful to include a card. So thank you again K.F. of AZ. I'll try and post pics but its something I've yet to master.photo.JPG [/img]

143723.jpg.0f43e3a3f6fcdfdeee152d74c729626f.jpg

Very cool! I'm dreading Sunday with the Boys!!

Very nice gifts this year, some Santas were very generous and if Romo plays Sunday the Boys have a chance...if it turns out to be an 'emergency quarterback' it won't be a very pretty sight.