• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Common But Special Example

12 posts in this topic

Common date or not, SL $ are not common coins...

And yes she's VERY nice!

Fixed it for you, when you said 'quite' nice, I knew you really meant to say 'VERY' nice!! And also, I happen to agree with TonerGuy, when he leads off with: Common date or not, SL $ are not common coins....

I heartily agree with your outlook on SL$'s, and a New Orleans MM to boot. (I mean, I know it was just 2 years after the coin was struck that the Confederacy just 'moved in', but it was only an operational mint for 23 years before it was claimed as the Confederacy's property/mint.

There's always been this kinda 'sumthin' sumthin' in me about 'O' mint coins struck prior to the Confederacy just walking in one day and just saying 'it's our place now y'all!! And, it's extra nice to me as I just began a 7070 Type set, until I figure out what series I'll key on next. (those that want one to put in your lower grades, or just start one, or your 2nd or third, but you just

can't find them only to see the Interceptt get Intercept,thays no Dansco's anywhere you can't find them anywhere, now, but that SL$ is exactly the look I'm looking for