• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buyer payment issue!! Help!!

21 posts in this topic

So I sold a KindleFire on ebay. I don't have any problems working with people but this email I received from the buyer seems a little strange. I thought that if you paid with Paypal, that whatever you was paying by (credit card, bank acct., etc...), had to be registered with Paypal? Does the message I received below seem legit?? Thanks for any help.

Dear bsshog40,

Hello, I wanted to touch base with you on the kindle fire. I really want it, but I ran into a problem. My husband left for NIE and won't be back until next Friday or Saturday and he for some odd reason felt the need to take our debit card with him and I have no way to get ahold of him for the numbers and it's not the on file with my PayPal account! I would really appreciate it if you would be patient with me and I will pay for the item ASAP! I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you

I know mine takes from my bank account as primary and a debit card as secondary. I only need to log on to paypal and confirm then send money. The account numbers are already verified.

Mine is the same way also for my bank acct and credit cards. This is why I question the buyer. Her card should already be registered and just have to pay, correct?

Sounds like she's broke and is too proud to admit that to you and wants you to give more time ... like till next paycheck.

Be careful. If you cancel the transaction and just re list it before the mandated eBay time for payment that person can leave you a negative and eBay will not remove it. My only negative came from a buyer that would not answer emails, the phone, so I re listed the item and he left a negative. eBay allowed it remain. His feedback was even littered with 'deadbeat', 'does not pay' feedback but eBay allowed it to remain just the same.

They have since reduced the amount of time you have to wait now so at least that is on your side.

She could have 2 bank accounts? Usually not one to defend people but to be fair-it is not like she is asking you to do anything odd.

Also-I am sort of sure that you don't have to have a bank account linked to your paypal to 'use' paypal.

Now here is something to think of. Let us say that this is true. That the debit card is not registered to her account and she has no debit card (Which by the way-why do they not have a debit card for both of them? Also-what does she do when he leaves? Not eat? She sort of has to live off any cash on hand when ever he is gone???? ) and when he gets back she will log in and use the debit card to pay...............why doesn't he just call or text her the 16 digit number, the expiration date, and the 3 digit code on the back? That is ALL the info you need to use a debit card online. You type in the darn info on the card.

The buyer sent an email appreciating what I did but also gave the explanation that the debit cards on her paypal acct are old and have not been updated. She also said that she hasn't been on ebay in a while. Her feedback however shows 2 transactions on Oct. 31st. hm

The buyer sent an email appreciating what I did but also gave the explanation that the debit cards on her paypal acct are old and have not been updated. She also said that she hasn't been on ebay in a while. Her feedback however shows 2 transactions on Oct. 31st. hm

lol. Yeah sounds like to me.

It still goes back so something pretty basic.

1) She has no debit card? I don't know a married couple that have ONE debit card. Hope to God when he is away she does not need to like access her bank or anything.

2) Just call your husband and tell him to read the card number.

Something doesn't seem right. Especially with that last bit of info. If you can afford to wait, give her the benefit of the doubt. If she doesn't pay by Sat., cancel and re-list.

I doubt this buyer is trying to pull a fast one. I have a feeling she isn't too computer savy.

She said her husband leaves for NIE.. if its the NIE I know, its a school Majors and Senior Captains attend at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

Asking for time isn't the end of the world. Some folks just don't have the cash on hand.

I have a coin currently not paid for. The buyer asked for a week. I'm ok with a week. Beyond that, they better be contacting me, not the other way around.

Asking for time isn't the end of the world. Some folks just don't have the cash on hand.

I have a coin currently not paid for. The buyer asked for a week. I'm ok with a week. Beyond that, they better be contacting me, not the other way around.

It didn't really bother me as I've done it before. It's just when I checked her feedback and there were recent transactions on ebay, it made me curious.