• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1879-CC Morgan + (possible) VAM 3

9 posts in this topic

DSCN2665_zpsd1780556.jpg

1879-ccrev_zps8b2834b2.jpg

This is the 1879-CC Morgan I mentioned in my 1823/2 Coronet post… A little worn, but worth submitting. I tried to get a little closer on the MM to see the VAM. Thank you, in advance, for the grades!

Yes on the VAM-3 and I would say about VG8

Looks just like one I owned at one time and I had to go back through my pictures to see if it was. Mine was only around a G6 and yours is slightly better in my opinion.

wdrob, I found this coin among some other coins and tokens in some of my grandfather's belongings. He passed away last week at 95, and, after getting the coins certified, I'm going to write a journal about them on NGC's site. Thanks for the grade!

Sorry for the loss Tyler and now I remember reading that. Good luck on your pursuit and I look forward to the upcoming journals.

Bill

I am kind of surprised on the grade making Fine. One of the requirements for a VG8 is for the entire rim (denticles showing) being present. The rim on yours is wore down completely in certain areas.

But hey; who actually follows grading guidelines anyway? :grin:

Would make a nice 'Lowball' coin for ATS if they had graded it Good instead of Fine.