• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry problem...anyone else?

18 posts in this topic

For a week now I have been trying to add a coin to one of my sets and each time everything goes well until I try to "save" the update. Then I get this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ScreenShot2013-11-01at105418AM_zpsc7a46841.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had several email exchanges with NGC's customer support folks who finally gave up and said "Sorry to hear. I am forwarding this to our programmers. That is definitely an error from the software side. I will let you know as soon as I hear back. Thanks for your patience." That was a couple of days ago.

I have added hundreds of coins into registries over the years and never had the smallest problem. Until now.

I can wait...it is not urgent. But it seems very odd.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this recently?

Lance.

The last time I tried to add a piece, I had some problems. It was one of those 1945-6 Saudi gold pieces that the U.S. mint made for ARAMCO. The piece went up on the site as "one coin available" for the registry spot, but it would not go into the registry spot and earn the points. I contacted NGC, and a couple of days later the piece did process completely.

I did have that happen once a year or so back but Ali fixed it rightup for me, it was a large cent that had variety on the label. As to you issue I just added a set and updated some others yesterday with no issues.

I have been trying to add a PCGS 1944-P MS67 FS Jefferson Nickel to my set and I get the exact same message that you are getting. I have not PM'ed anybody about it yet.

Paul

Oh yeah. I've had multiple problems with my Registry links this week. I tried to add a coin and got your message. At one point I got that message when I simply clicked on my bookmarked web link to get to my control panel.

Ali was very kind and helpful. It seems that NGC is doing some sort of software "Upgrade", and clearly there are some bugs in the system. To add the single coin I ended up having to go via the Collection Manager route instead of just editing the set itself. To get the Control Panel to work I had to log out of the system and then log back in.

Here's a link to add a single coin to the Collection Manager...

Link to CM

Good Luck!!!

Oh yeah. I've had multiple problems with my Registry links this week. I tried to add a coin and got your message. At one point I got that message when I simply clicked on my bookmarked web link to get to my control panel.

Ali was very kind and helpful. It seems that NGC is doing some sort of software "Upgrade", and clearly there are some bugs in the system. To add the single coin I ended up having to go via the Collection Manager route instead of just editing the set itself. To get the Control Panel to work I had to log out of the system and then log back in.

Here's a link to add a single coin to the Collection Manager...

Link to CM

Good Luck!!!

Thank you very much, worked like a charm.

Thanks, Sy. Hadn't thought of that.

Worked great! I used the collection manager and was able to add it to my inventory. Then I could select it by editing the registry set. This is a workaround Customer Service should know about and pass along.

The coin is a modest 66RD but the 1950's Philly Lincolns can be difficult and 67RD's are pricey! Besides, 1951 is my birth year. :)

Lance.

1951PCGSMS66RDobv_zpsb4853a28.jpg1951PCGSMS66RDrev_zps42fa70e7.jpg

I spoke too soon, as I just tried to add a coin and got the same error. I tried going through collection manager and that didn't help either. ???

Ditto for me. :(

• Administrator

The fix was already in progress and was released about an hour or two ago. Please try this again and let me know if you have problems.

The fix was already in progress and was released about an hour or two ago. Please try this again and let me know if you have problems.

Arch, I got this error.

Edit Set Result

Changes Made to Your Set

Slot Certification# Registered Added to Slot

1940 Yes No This coin is not valid for the selected slot. If you accidentally chose the wrong slot or entered the wrong grader/cert, go back and try again. Otherwise, an admin will review this issue soon and you will be notified of the results.

• Administrator

That sounds like more of a normal issue where there is a mismatch between the coin entered and what is allowed in the slot. That could be because it's the wrong coin, or it could be because the slot is not defined completely enough.

If you PM me the set and slot and the cert #, I can double check to make sure it's not an actual bug.

That sounds like more of a normal issue where there is a mismatch between the coin entered and what is allowed in the slot. That could be because it's the wrong coin, or it could be because the slot is not defined completely enough.

If you PM me the set and slot and the cert #, I can double check to make sure it's not an actual bug.

Arch--I thought that the coin wasn't fully defined in the Collection Manager, too, but I was having trouble deleting it. I was finally able to delete it from the collection manager and add it to my registry set the conventional way. It worked fine now. Thanks!