• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Honor of Old Glory' Our Nations Flag! posted by Jim Berline

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The year 1952, The US Mint could really care less how our nickels turned out.

From the Buffalo an Jefferson Red Book Q.David Bowers commented that trying to find one that shows sharp details will take alot of searching .In this decade especially in the early 1950's,the quality and eye appeal was disturbing. According to reference, the US Mint could really care less how our nickels turned out back then. Most coins in this year being of poor quality and roughly struck.Finding one like this in Gem-Condition really caught my eye, I couldn't pass this up, trying to find another

in this year with this awesome eye appeal may never happen again for me.

14476.jpg

See more journals by Jim Berline

Talk about your proverbial needle in a haystack - I think you just found it. Gotta' love top pops - especially when they are that low...

Great coin - Thanks for sharing.

Todd

Hello Todd & Rick,,, Thanks for writing' me, It's always exciting when you've been searching for quite sometime, then out of the blue' when you least expect it- finding a Gem nickel that stands out like this one does. I'm hoping to see you two find your most elusive coin, the thrill is never ending.

Wishing everyone here on Ngc the very best during this upcoming Holiday Season.