• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandblast, Satin and matte proof coins

9 posts in this topic

For "noodle" New Member on PCGS.

All of the answers to your questions will be found in the Renaissance of American Coinage books. 1905-1908 covers the gold and 1909-1915 covers bronze and copper-nickel.

Most of the PCGS responses are either incomplete or simply incorrect.

PS: "Roman" proof is nothing but more stale "Breen Bologna." Wally didn't know how they were produced so he made up a name.

I guess I will add when buying rarities that should worth $30-60K, but in an off label / unknown slab - your $600 bargain is more than likely worth much closer to melt.

Wow - that seems to have killed the thread quickly and thoroughly!

I'm usually death to threads, but that was pretty fast!

No, opening a thread and expecting to find useful and interesting information, and instead finding a nonsensical reply to a post from another forum killed the thread. Roger does this all the time. Its a crapshoot whether you're going to get a good thread or a stinker - but his good threads are good enough that I still open them all hoping for something useful.

Reply posted ATS.

For those of us that do not post ATS, would you post a link? I'd like to follow this argument and the demise of the thread..

Carl

SilverHawk,

I wouldn't do this for just anyone, but for you: Go Here.

physics-fan3.14,

I meant that I killed the thread ATS. I didn't expect the thread here to go anywhere.

This thread was simply a pointer to the one on PCGS. Since I am not allowed to post there, this is the only means of conveying information.

I'm sorry that physics-fan3.14 is so often disappointed at what I happen to post. Maybe he expects all the research and work done by others to simply be handed to him complete and free. The pointer was to two volumes of Renaissance of American Coinage - which are where the relevant material can be found. Anyone can buy the books and learn from them - it is better than sitting in a boat with a hungry tiger and finding the -script writer is on vacation.