• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Started Collecting in 2009 and have not turned back since.

10 posts in this topic

Top of the list fininaly.

I started collecting back in 2009. I am still new at this but through the years I have found the hobby to be an expensive and challenging one. Well I just go my four 2013 President 1$ PF 70 Ultra Cameo coins back. I have 3 more years before the set is completed unless we lose a president. When I first started collecting I never would have known that within two years I would some day be number one in a coin set. That day came in 2011 when I landed on the top of the list ranked number one of the Jefferson Nickels, Westward Journey, 2004-2005, Proof Issue set as the number one holder of this set. Now I am working on my Jefferson Nickels 1965-Date, Proof Issue set. My rank is now 35 and I have a long way to go and I am hoping to hit the lottery to advance my ranking to number one. Hard work pays off in so many ways.

Happy Collecting,

Ed

See more journals by DVD Home Studios

Wow! Very nice!

That sure is a lot you were able to accomplish in just 4 years!

Keep up the good work and we will see your other sets at the top As well!

Top of the list fininaly.

I am still new at this but through the years I have found the hobby to be an expensive and challenging one. When I first started collecting I never would have known that within two years I would some day be number one in a coin set. I am hoping to hit the lottery to advance my ranking to number one. Hard work pays off in so many ways.

Happy Collecting,

Ed

See more journals by DVD Home Studios

When I read your post it really hits home in most of us. I too can't pass up a sweet graded modern coin no matter what others think or say about modern coins. I will be glad though when I have the mint sets --- 1950 to date complete. :)Enjoy all your numismatic endeavors!!Rick

Ed,

Great accomplishments you have made towards completing your sets. Like most everyone else here it takes years to find some coins. I myself started my Lincoln Set (59-Date) in 2005 and still have many coins to find and/or upgrade.

Best of wishes as you continue to plug away at filling slots in your collection that has turned into quite an impressive endeavor.

Michael

PS - Still working on it. I haven't forgotten.