• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1936 2.5 Leg Buffalo?

5 posts in this topic

Ok so I've heard about this again recently at a coin show and it just itches at me. Is this some sort of Moby coin? I've heard it before and heard people smarter than me say "It's real" but they treat it like the Loch Ness freaking monster.

Ok so I've heard about this again recently at a coin show and it just itches at me. Is this some sort of Moby coin? I've heard it before and heard people smarter than me say "It's real" but they treat it like the Loch Ness freaking monster.

Never herd of it. This doesn't mean it's not real. I've just never herd of it nor seen one. New to me.

First-I totally forgot about censor on here; but I think we can all know what a Moby "spoon" is right?

Second-I've heard it brought up like times all at shows and I always sort of blow it off but I finally got curious and I can't find a single thing anywhere on it.

I could be going insane. Its very possible

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The so-called 2-1/2 legged 1936 nickel was a circulating counterfeit that was contemporary with the genuine coins of that type.