• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1926 buffalo nickel . A new pick up for my collection.

14 posts in this topic

I found this one lurking on e-Bay a couple a week ago. I find this Buff pretty nice for the grade assigned & a low slab # to boot. The seller has had this coin in his collection since 1983. It's in my collection now. Thanks for looking and have fun with your coins,,....Joe

1926BUFFOLDANACS004_zps53b1b140.jpg

1926BUFFOLDANACS024_zpsc039da74.jpg1926BUFFOLDANACS026_zpse606ff73.jpg

I really like the wood grain toning on the obverse. I have a couple in my collection that have it also. I tend to pounce when I find one. Unfortunately I have been so busy most of this year I have not been able to do much.

Great find.

I remember seeing this buffalo on eBay I think. Seller said it had just a hint of toning. Almost bought it. If he had accurate pics of it, I would have grabbed it for sure. I just wasn't sure how it would look in hand.

Well, it's beautiful! I love the wood grain toning on the obverse and the great luster. Very nice!! Great pick up at a great price!

It is always a treat to view Joe's newest buffalo addition. Thanks for sharing another delightful example of your great eye.

Oh hell yes. Fantastic Buffs.

One question. On the second 1926, what do you think capped the grade (as in, kept it from going higher)? Strike weakness on the braid, or the (very tiny, without magnification) spot in front of the front legs, and/or around the bottom of the feather?

Oh hell yes. Fantastic Buffs.

One question. On the second 1926, what do you think capped the grade (as in, kept it from going higher)? Strike weakness on the braid, or the (very tiny, without magnification) spot in front of the front legs, and/or around the bottom of the feather?

The luster on the second 26 Buff is very strong but, the strike is a tad weaker than it could be seen on the band or knot on the braid. It has the CAC seal of approval and really is a beautiful piece. Thanks to all for the nice comments....Joe

Both are very nice, but I like the Anacs MS65 better. Great addition!

I think the Anacs Buff is right there with the eye appeal Joe , nice pickup. (thumbs u

Both are very nice, but I like the Anacs MS65 better. Great addition!

I think the Anacs Buff is right there with the eye appeal Joe , nice pickup. (thumbs u

Thanks bud, It really is a pretty 65 with some great luster for the grade assigned. I do have a few of these old little white anacs slabbed coins and all are quite nice for the grades. This one is by far the nicest of the group. Thanks again....Joe