• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Update on mis-routed package posted by moondoggy

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

or which way did they go ......

Called NGC this morning and verified that they in fact had my correct mailing address on the package. Then called the local post office and they checked the status with their system. It showed it as out for delivery in Chicago on the 28th but no update since, but she said that these status updates are computer generated and to not put too much stock in them. (easy for her to say) So the onus is on the USPS at this time. I will sit here and wait for the time being. As many of you have stated, they will show up eventually (I can only hope) Will update when I have any and again thanks for the positives vibes. For now all it says is what it said before.

See more journals by moondoggy

A couple of years ago I had a registered package mailed from California to my home in South Carolina. Three days after mailing, the tracking status showed it in a sort facility in Ohio. A week later it showed up in another sort facility, this time in Florida. About a week after that it finally arived in my mailbox. Don't give up yet!

Mail and packages travel by routes that are not necessarily intuitive for most of us. USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. all have sorting and distribution centers, so mail does not go directly from A to B anymore. A Certified Logistician can explain it to you better than a mere mortal.

The Traveling Franklins!!!

Mike,

One time I purchased a few Lincolns from Michael and he put a wrong # in the zip. We watched that package bounce back and forth 3 times from sorting to a town in N.C. till a postal worker in the small town changed the zip and shot it here. Two weeks later I finally got the package. Funny at the time as they didn't have near the value of your Franky's.

Good Luck Bud!!!