• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
5 5

2,520 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2024 at 6:44 PM, ThePhiladelphiaPenny said:

Really any copper? Cuase I got a nice memorial, but you guys have really great stuff.

As they say on the gritty streets of Noo Yawk:  Run it!

On 5/4/2024 at 11:06 PM, Coinbuf said:

Minor rotation.

1864-Comp.jpg

Respectfully, in consultation with leading experts on the Soloviev-Imamura Quantification of Tsunamis and the proposed new 12-point Tsunami Intensity Scale, and in consideration of the various variables involved, a 33° departure from the vertical, as here depicted, would result in great damage and catastrophic loss of life inconsistent with a claim of "minor rotation."  🐓 

🐓:  Hey Quintus, this is a thread you can post comments on!

Q.A.:  Thanks Ricky.  I have a question for @Sandon ... On a number of threads you have posted coins which have been submitted for reasons you have not volunteered, but which, in many cases resulted in elevations in grade.  My question is, do you regard these as examples of "gradeflation" or, for lack of a better term, simply examples of more accurate "right-sizing" of coins graded inaccurately  -- or coins which had been adjudged by antiquated, imprecise, but ever-evolving standards?