• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1884 PR Cent

13 posts in this topic

I just got this one at the Philadelphia show, and thought it was under graded. Graded by PCGS as a Proof/brown. What numerical grade do you think they gave it?

1884PR_zpsf7bc5b28.jpg

1884PR-2_zps2fc83166.jpg

I can understand the brown designation because of the reverse color, holder is pretty scuffed up so its hard getting anything better than this......

1884PR-R_zpsc5be2579.jpg

Had you not said it looked under-graded I would have said 63 with a shot at 64.

If you think it is under-graded? I bet it's in a 62 holder and it would be one VERY nice 62.

I think 63 myself, mainly from the spot on the obverse. It looks like it has some excellent color especially on the obverse. A lot of green showing through on the one shot.

I'm assuming the X under A of states is on the plastic and not on the coin..

Yes, that's on the holder, the dot under the I and T is on the coin itself though. I thought when I seen it, it was an easy 63, POSSIBLY a 64 for how clean the Indians head is, this is what they gave it......

1884PR-PCGS_zpsa2e12f2b.jpg