• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Looking for a Big Buy?

15 posts in this topic

I have a pal who is a good guy and just looking to 'escape' and wants to move to Thailand. Selling his coins off. He has had good success on ebay but I told him I would post on here and try and see if anybody is looking to buy.

This a LARGE collection he has left. This is going to be a 5 figure sale. I won't speak for him but lets say it is larger than 10k but smaller than 20k.

Pounds of silver, Morgans, Barber quarters, wheat, ASE, etc. etc.

If anybody would have any possible interest just PM me and I'll hand you over.

This would most likely be an ebay deal.A 'I'll list at X time annd you buy it" type of thing.

Thanks

Specific weight in silver/ price per ounce

What morgNs??????

Any kind of into beyond a "my buddy has a clection" post???

Thanks

Nick

Unless this is a scammer......? I hope not, sounds interesting

If you don't mind-send me your email. I'll forward the list. I did the heavy lifting for whoever does buy it -I had him make out the list. I was going to buy it but I'm just focusing on specific coins and not stacking huge amounts of coins. I honestly don't even have enough room in the gun safe to put all this stuff.

Not to sound too vague but there are a few pounds of 90% junk silver, maybe a few dozen US silver proof sets, some US currency (not a lot but some ok stuff), a 1899 $10 Gold in ok shape, 10g Pamp .9999 gold, 1845 Half Eagle, etc.

There is a lot of silver. If I remember right about 3 dozen ASE, maybe a dozen more 1 oz rounds, a 4 oz rd, 8 oz rd, 10 oz bar. etc. etc. etc

Well ebay is best way. I told him same thing. He would put some smaller lots up and he'd get 70% what he should get and that was before ebay fees.

It is amazing to me how on certain things ebay prices are insanely high and people WAYY over pay but for an auction at the same time goes way lower than you'd think.

I don't understand posting here if he is just going to let ebay fleece him at 13% anyway? Just post it up on ebay with a BIN from the get go? The #1 advantage of a BST like this and ATS is to avoid ebay fees while dealing with trusted/verified people. At any fair market value for bulk silver, if you split the 13% savings with one of the many big buyers here, the item would fly of the shelf.

If he wants to sell on ebay to make the buyer feel safe and secure, there's no need for that. a sale through premier paypal would have the same buyer protection benefits, only for 2.9% fees and not 13%.

when you sell on ebay, you are willing to pay the 10% fees to them because they give you the highest exposure and make it possible for you to reach buyers around the world, and maybe get the highest return on your items. if you already found a buyer, and you already agreed on a price, what do you need ebay for..??

If he wants to sell on ebay to make the buyer feel safe and secure, there's no need for that. a sale through premier paypal would have the same buyer protection benefits, only for 2.9% fees and not 13%.

when you sell on ebay, you are willing to pay the 10% fees to them because they give you the highest exposure and make it possible for you to reach buyers around the world, and maybe get the highest return on your items. if you already found a buyer, and you already agreed on a price, what do you need ebay for..??

I agree but not really for me to decide you know? I''ll ask him-sure he'd be ok with it but not for me to decide really.

Coins on EBay are now only 6% sellers fee. If the buyer sends a check instead of paypal, there's no additional paypal fee. Considering all the other protections, that's not a bad deal anymore.

It's still a bad deal for most of us trying to sell our moderate collections a piece at a time (shipping, paypal, getting screwed on the item not described return once in a while), but for one big lot $10k+ that's a lot cheaper than an auction house commission.

Coins on EBay are now only 6% sellers fee. If the buyer sends a check instead of paypal, there's no additional paypal fee. Considering all the other protections, that's not a bad deal anymore.

It's still a bad deal for most of us trying to sell our moderate collections a piece at a time (shipping, paypal, getting screwed on the item not described return once in a while), but for one big lot $10k+ that's a lot cheaper than an auction house commission.

True.

I thought there was a cap on the 'commission' ebay can take

coins on ebay are 6% fee ONLY FOR EBAY STORE OWNERS. regular sellers pay 10% on coins.

I agree but not really for me to decide you know? I''ll ask him-sure he'd be ok with it but not for me to decide really.

that'd be cool.. pass the savings to the buyer instead of ebay :)

Had to people show interest. If anybody is interested to see the list just message me and i'll forward it.

If you message me and you don't have an email with in a day or so -send another message and remind me