• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS Status Question - For those who have submitted before..

4 posts in this topic

I have a question about NCS status and email notification for shipping on a submission, for those who have experience submitting to NCS and may be able to help decipher what is going on with my submission. (I hope I don't get lashes for a somewhat OT post!)

I sent a PCGS certified coin in for conservation and forwarding to NGC. The status page shows 'Shipped or Transferred to NGC if Applicable', sounds about right, but the email for shipping confirmation shows its 'To' ME, no address listed so I'm not 100% sure of what to make of it. To say particular details on a submission are lacking is an understatement.

So the question is, if the submission status states 'Shipped or Transferred to NGC if Applicable' but the shipping email states my name in the 'To' section can I expect that the coin has been deemed to not benefit from conservation and is being sent back, or is this just a break down in communication from the status information?

Any insight from the experienced would be appreciated. I've been excited for the prospects of this particular coin (WLH with some haze on the reverse and massively undergraded in the PCGS 'OGH'). I figured it would be a no-brainer conservation.. I hope that is still the case and its not on its way home still in the PCGS holder :( Thank you for reading!

I posted images of a coin with pvc in the ask NGC forum and Max Spiegel advised

me to send it in under appearance review and if it was pvc ncs would take care of it.

Well my coin got a ride to FL. and sent back in the same slab on my dime. I cracked it and used acetone and now it is fine. My coins won't be seeing ngc any time soon.