• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to use Google's Free Photo Storage to display images directly in the thread

8 posts in this topic

I tried to put this in other places but it would not allow me. For all that consider this a waste of 1 and 0's then you are probably not getting asked the question through PM's like I have.

So since I am asked every now and then how to post pictures directly in the thread and not links. I looked and did not see another detailed post offering instructions so here it goes. This applies to Google's Free Photo Storage or Google Drive but I am sure that it would work very similarly to other photo hosting services as well.

Also I am not sure how Mac's do as far as right clicking and the options available but I use a PC and the following is an example from that.

Once you have uploaded your photos to your Google account you then need to make sure and 'Share' them. You can share to just individual groups you designate prior or just share to 'Public' so that all can benefit and be able to see the picture.

Now you can get to the work at hand. As you are composing the message in the thread and come to a section you want the picture placed at just follow these example screen shots:

Right_Click.jpg

Composing+Choice.jpg

Composing+Choice+Entry+Box.jpg

bbcode+look.jpg

Preview+Verification.jpg

Also if you have problems with your code not displaying the picture correctly then a likely cause is that in the address field you left the HTTP:// in there as well as pasted your HTTPS:// address after it so that it ends up looking similar to this:

[img=http://https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-nN9PvwQclyA/UjRBSPtKiuI/AAAAAAAADzo/SA0XXNZMIfY/w552-h703-no/Preview+Verification.jpg]

In that case just remove the HTTP:// before the actual picture address and it should work.

Differently NOT a waste of time or space; everyone has things to learn, that's the point of living. If someone thinks they know it all well, that's where the term came from!

Thank you your help.

Good info....but double check Google's privacy policy for the site.

I don't follow? What would I be looking for in their privacy policy and how would that pertain to pictures I take and post?

Or are you referring to posting photos from other sources without consent? If so that concerns me not at all.

Here is another tutorial from 2010 written by physics-fan3.14

Link

lol

I searched for 'adding photos' (I think that was the search term I used) and came up with nothing so I figured no one had ever laid it out like that. I would have definitely not have spent that time creating the thread if I had known that. Oh well; Very good tutorial from Physics-fan.

Some sites claim to "own" anything you post or to be able to use it in any way they deem appropriate. The suggestion was to read.....first.