• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about these Lincolns

17 posts in this topic

Those are some fine looking Lincolns. That 56 is nearly perfect. Well so is that 57 now that I look at it again. Very nice.

I have a good bit of pennies that are Red Gems that I will probably never get around to sending in for grading. Maybe not quite as nice as that 57 on my 57's but I would have to look. I sent some of the better ones to Rick to cull through and send back what he thought would go 66 at the very least but that has a good shot at 67's which would make them Top Pop's.

May never happen. (shrug)

Well what was the grades?

They look to be in PCGS slabs. Or maybe that is PGCS Slabs? (shrug)

Both are in PCGS MS66 slabs, the purpose of the thread for me was to see what others thought of them as I feel the 56 could be 67. The 57 is better than many but falls just short of the 67 grade. Someday I may resubmit the 56, we'll see.

The 56 is a tough coin in MS67. It's going to need some really nice luster. Maybe just the image but I'm not seeing it. Still a nice looking coin.

The price increase on both of these Lincolns is giant in MS67.

That 56, to me has, tons of luster from the picture and open fields that are smooth as silk. I only see three miniscule copper spots on the Obverse and the Reverse seems to have a couple of very minor PMD marks.

I think your biggest hurdle would be Larry's last line.

Regardless it is a beautiful Lincoln.

The 56 is a tough coin in MS67. It's going to need some really nice luster. Maybe just the image but I'm not seeing it. Still a nice looking coin.

The price increase on both of these Lincolns is giant in MS67.

The luster is strong strong enough imo anyway but its a dice roll for this coin and if submitted enough times I think it would find its way into a 67. Problem is I dont like to play that game hence why its still in a 66 holder ;). I have toyed with the thought of sending it in for grade review, I figure that it has a better chance that way due to the financial enticement in that senario.

Very nice 56 Wheat :)

Thanks wdrob anyway you slice it; 66-67; its still the same nice coin and I enjoy haveing it in my collection.