• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reality show - Diggers

9 posts in this topic

So I am bored watching this show called diggers where these 2 nut jobs go around with metal detectors and dig up stuff. One of the guy digs up a corroded 1927 D Lincoln , he shows the coin and then a box come up where it states the potential value at $25 . O really ?? did you maybe mean 25 cents.

These are just ways of getting people interested in these type shows. It sounds like a cool show to watch as long as you have some knowledge in what they are actually finding. If it wasn't a coin they dug up, I'm not sure I would know the value of anything else they found and popped up a value for. Usually there are commercials associated with these shows also to advertise metal detectors. Just a big reality show advertisement! lol

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I saw an a commercial for the show in which one of the guys digs up a Standing Liberty Quarter, and the close-up shows a coin that has natural gray toning of the sort found on coins that have sat idle in albums or boxes for years. It was clearly not the same coin found in the ground, which would have had dark soil encrustation.

Creative license, I suppose.

I saw an a commercial for the show in which one of the guys digs up a Standing Liberty Quarter, and the close-up shows a coin that has natural gray toning of the sort found on coins that have sat idle in albums or boxes for years. It was clearly not the same coin found in the ground, which would have had dark soil encrustation.

I'm sure they are aware that the majority of people probably would never know the difference.

I saw one of them dig up a costume jewelry brooch. He dug down about 4 inches and this thing comes out of loose soil.....The dirt was so loose, you would have had to plant this thing there. We all know about these reality shows. Especially after Charmys report....

Paul

I'm sure they are aware that the majority of people probably would never know the difference.

i hope none to many think now that there coins are worth huge money now and leave the people majorly disappointed. i hope that was said right

All these reality shows are BS – a few are fun to watch most of total garbage.

They are all heavily scripted. Most of what is on Cable today is .

When I was a kid I wanted a metal detector – but my father would not let me buy one.

Back then they were not that good and they were expensive.