• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recd. 2013 ASE West Point 2 coin sets

4 posts in this topic

Sitting on my doorstep. Surprised they did not require a signature, but just put it outside for anyone to see.

The tracking indicated it would be delivered Monday, so I was not expecting it today.

Well, at least I received it after placing the order many months ago, and the coins look pretty good.

Guest Golddog3

Same here - what's worse is that the new Buffalos are being sent via UPS that the mint requires them to make three delivery attempts before you can pick them up at the UPS center. You cannot ask UPS to hold the coins at the center after the first delivery attempt so that you can pick them up the next day. Have that happen over a weekend - and you have to wait almost a week before you can pick the coins up at the center.

Same here - what's worse is that the new Buffalos are being sent via UPS that the mint requires them to make three delivery attempts before you can pick them up at the UPS center. You cannot ask UPS to hold the coins at the center after the first delivery attempt so that you can pick them up the next day. Have that happen over a weekend - and you have to wait almost a week before you can pick the coins up at the center.

I have been able to have UPS hold them after 1 delivery, maybe it is a regional thing? Seems strange that the US Mint is a Govt organization, but they ship via FedEx and UPS instead of USPS.

I have been able to have UPS hold them after 1 delivery, maybe it is a regional thing? Seems strange that the US Mint is a Govt organization, but they ship via FedEx and UPS instead of USPS.

It must be because it's 2 sets and qualifies for expedited shipping. My one set went fedx to usps to my house.