• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rate increase question

47 posts in this topic

I hope someone can also answer this question. I just sent coins in to be conserved by NCS. Will NGC honor the dates that NCS received the coins for conservation and then grading for the old rates, or will the date that they receive them from NCS after conservation which will probably fall under the new rates. Can a moderator answer this for me and maybe someone else out there?

Thanks

PapaG

• Administrator
I assume that since the coins will actually arrive before the rate change that the $14 listed on the submission form will be changed to $12 when it is processed.

I intend to have my coins there before the deadline even if it means spending $109.65 on express mail postage. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Hi Greg,

We will absolutely honor our curent rates if coins are received at NGC prior to October 1st regardless of what your form lists as the price.

• Administrator
I hope someone can also answer this question. I just sent coins in to be conserved by NCS. Will NGC honor the dates that NCS received the coins for conservation and then grading for the old rates, or will the date that they receive them from NCS after conservation which will probably fall under the new rates. Can a moderator answer this for me and maybe someone else out there?

Thanks

PapaG

Hi PapaG,

Coins received by NCS prior to October 1st with the request to transfer to NGC will not be subject to the new NGC rates when transferred to NGC for grading. We will honor our current rates for these submissions.

Hi Greg,

We will absolutely honor our curent rates if coins are received at NGC prior to October 1st regardless of what your form lists as the price.

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Dena! Nice to see you back.

How do I handle the return shipping since they are multiple invoices and I'd like them shipped back together to save on shipping? As far as I can tell, the online form only allows combining of multiple invoices if they are different tiers. I believe I currently have 8 invoices with ~750 coins. All are World Value.

I was planning on selecting Show Pick-Up on all the invoices so no shipping would be listed in the total and then just scratching that out on the printout and writing ship all together and hoping the appropriate lower S&H charge would be applied.

• Administrator
I was planning on selecting Show Pick-Up on all the invoices so no shipping would be listed in the total and then just scratching that out on the printout and writing ship all together and hoping the appropriate lower S&H charge would be applied.

That sounds good. Please also send me a pm with the invoice numbers...that way I will keep an eye on them and make sure they are handled that way.

My submissions went out yesterday morning to beat the deadline for the new pricing structure - who else got there coins on the way to NGC?

I dropped off a box of 715 coins at the Post Office today. I sent mine by Express mail to the NGC physical address to make sure that mine got them before the deadline. No possibility of sitting in a Post Office somewhere while the deadline passes. They'll have the coins by 3PM tomorrow! cloud9.gif

I never had a chance to get together my US coins. frown.gif

I dropped off a box of 715 coins at the Post Office today. I sent mine by Express mail to the NGC physical address to make sure that mine got them before the deadline. No possibility of sitting in a Post Office somewhere while the deadline passes. They'll have the coins by 3PM tomorrow! cloud9.gif

flowerred.gifhail.gif

Theres' still time to get get moving if you want to get another package out by tomorrow.

-JamminJ

Theres' still time to get get moving if you want to get another package out by tomorrow.

I don't have enough that would make the added cost of Express mail worth it.

I wonder if any other CS member has sent in a batch of coins so large?

I would guess that it has been exceeded several times. There have probably been some people who have submitted their entire collection directly since they didn't want to go thru a dealer. I bet others have submitted rolls of coins or perhaps lots of modern proofs.

That's just a guess on my part.