• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My most recent odd find, a 1945 D walker no "AW"

4 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a nice 1945 D walking liberty half, with the "AW" missing. I sent this coin to NGC and it came back MS65 no AW I have not had any luck finding any other 1945 D with this variety and a call to NGC notified me that this is currently the only one. My question to you guys is if you have ever run across something like this. I would like to sell this coin but for now the price I have on it is basically a wild guess. Any information would be great, there is a useful amount of information on the 1946 p but there is no information that i can find on the 1945 d. I will post pictures tomorrow, but for now I can give you the cert number. Any information would be great, thanks.

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply. The coin looks much better in hand, the luster is more bold and the strike is very strong. Any idea how to price this coin? I went by the virtually non existent auction records for the 45 p but the only ones that I could find were 62 and 63s.