• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does The Federal Reserve Still Have the Gold?

16 posts in this topic

The Federal Reserve ( which is about as part of the federal govt as federal express)...reports to hold billions in US and foreign gold reserves...does it still have it?

Nice video from RT ( a non-US media source) so they will actually ask these questions....and secondly...

Even though we have seperated gold's link to the US dollar--could evidence of the Fed not having any physical collateral cause issues for the US dollar as its reserve currency status has been taking major hits in 2013 ( many countries are striking deals globally for direct trade without the US dollar)

I thought that was Beta Pictoris not Alpha Centauri prime.... Heven't kept up on that sicne I lost the tin foil hat.

No - the aliens took all the gold back to Alpha Centauri back in the 1950's.
So, it's melted forever? Now that's what I call liquid gold!

Thanks everyone for such insightful replies.

It is no wonder that one can hear the crickets chirping on these forums--nothing but sarcasm, people who know everything about everything, mockery and put downs..and of course the idol worship of Mark F whose word is the final say in all things.......

Roger..I am especially saddened that you have sunk to such levels of insulting --

Not a single reply as to why the Fed would tell Germany they have to wait 7 years for their gold....not a single comment about the flat out refusal to even allow any nation who has holdings there to view their property or inspect it....just a link to a decades old Fed produced montage........

I'm sure you all think I'm also nuts because I wonder why we will pay 800 billion dollars of interest to the central bank this year for monies they made and printed for us--monies we could have printed out of thin air on our own--

I guess I'm just too stupid and "tinfoil hat wearing" to understand how trillions in debt, tens and tens of trillions in unfunded liabilities will be paid off with 100 million working age americans unemployed or part time ( and 50 million food stampers).

From down here with the middle class--many of us have concerns as things get tighter and tighter---you ivory tower " on the peasants" types wouldn't understand........

Huh...?

Document your comments, then you can expect reasonable responses. Why not start with "...which is about as part of the federal govt as federal express...?" This is incorrect, even as a sarcastic exaggeration.

Splattering unsubstantiated accusations against the windshield does not get to the truth - it only avoids thinking and understanding the situation. You might have some excellent insights, but they are not expressed in a way that most will pay any attention to them.

It's my understanding that with the economic difficulty in Greece, Spain, Cypress and elsewhere Germany (primarily) and the EU bailed out those countries to the tune of billions of dollars with the understanding that the gold was to be used to back up those bailouts.

Then Germany says" um, .......you know, we'd like to take custody of our own gold holdings".

I think the Fed (who just plays custodian here) is right to wait until the bailouts the gold represents are repaid.

There's your straight answer to a question everyone seems to think is only intended to cause controversy.

It is no wonder that one can hear the crickets chirping on these forums--nothing but sarcasm, people who know everything about everything, mockery and put downs..and of course the idol worship of Mark F whose word is the final say in all things.......

Roger..I am especially saddened that you have sunk to such levels of insulting --

Not a single reply as to why the Fed would tell Germany they have to wait 7 years for their gold....not a single comment about the flat out refusal to even allow any nation who has holdings there to view their property or inspect it....just a link to a decades old Fed produced montage........

I'm sure you all think I'm also nuts because I wonder why we will pay 800 billion dollars of interest to the central bank this year for monies they made and printed for us--monies we could have printed out of thin air on our own--

I guess I'm just too stupid and "tinfoil hat wearing" to understand how trillions in debt, tens and tens of trillions in unfunded liabilities will be paid off with 100 million working age americans unemployed or part time ( and 50 million food stampers).

From down here with the middle class--many of us have concerns as things get tighter and tighter---you ivory tower " on the peasants" types wouldn't understand........

Jackson,

What in the world is your comment about Mark F have to do with your thread? Think about it.

Here's your reply. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York does not have the physical gold reserves to meet the demands of Germany or any other country with gold deposits at the NY FED. If they did have the physical gold, the transaction would occur immediately and this would not be a subject of discussion.

I think I understand your frustration. Governments will always act in ways that benefit Governments, not in ways that benefit people. Knowing this you play the game or you get out of the game. No question that our government along with big banks has royally screwed the American public.

Carl

Physical gold transactions have been discouraged by merchants, banks and government or more than a century - the losses from abrasion and insurance cost aretoo great.

Jackson64 does not seem to understand that such questions are political in nature. I have no

problem with jackson64 and his views but this is the wrong forum for such discussions. Those

who post politically-oriented material can expect derisive remarks.