• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Providentmetals.com

19 posts in this topic

I recently made a purchase from Providentmetals.com. I purchased a few silver rounds and a BU roll of Franklins. The BU roll of Franklins contained 10 coins which were BU the other 10 were definately not. I decided being the item only had 2 reviews which were both 5 stars that I would leave a review of the item. I gave the item 2 stars and left a short review that roughly said -- Half of the roll was uncirculated the other half AU. Would not buy again.-- I paid $225 for the roll. To me it wasnt a big enough deal to ask for a refund. But I thought I should leave a review of the item just so others would know of my thoughts on the item before they made a purchase. I left the review over 7 days ago. The review had to be checked before it was to be posted by the company. The review has not been posted. The fact that the roll that I recieved wasnt exactly what was advertised would not have stopped me from making future purchases with Providentmetals.com. However the fact that they evidently didnt like my review of the product so they simply did not post it, will definately keep me from ever purchasing from them again. So with this in mind I suggest to anyone purchasing from Providentmetals.com, do not let positive reviews on their products persuade you into pulling the trigger on a purchase.

And being I was talking about one precious metal company. I thought I would share my thoughts on another. Maybe a month ago I listed 16 commemorative coins on the marketplace I was asking $950. I had no takers so I decided I would call APMEX.com (being I had made purchases with them in the past and all purchases went fine). I didnt know what to expect. They asked me to email a list of the coins and they would contact me with a buying price. Within 24 hours they emailed me an offer of $945. I sent the coins and 7 days later I recieved the check in the mail. So I give them 5 stars.

Curious if anyone has ever left Apmex a 3 star or lower review on a product?

And whether or not it gets posted?

I've purchased from APMEX many times, but have never left a review. If I had, it would be 5 stars. I have enjoyed every transaction with them whether it be directly from their website or via eBay. You pay a slight premium at APMEX, but I don't mind because of my confidence in the company.

I've purchased from APMEX many times, but have never left a review. If I had, it would be 5 stars. I have enjoyed every transaction with them whether it be directly from their website or via eBay. You pay a slight premium at APMEX, but I don't mind because of my confidence in the company.

X2

Besides APMEX tacking on that S/H Charge I am a devoted customer and have left feed back 2 times on a couple of purchases I have made.

Providentmetals ... ???

I have made one large order, large to me but maybe not for others, and their timeline on shipping things out is S L O W ... It should not take 6 days just to pull an order and box it up. I called to cancel the order and they told me that I could not cancel orders for bullion. Thing is, I didn't order Bullion, per say, I ordered 4 or 5 1999 Silver Proof Sets.

As everyone knows, the 1999 Silver proof set is around $139.00 each and when compared to other Silver Proof Sets there is no comparison. So my argument with them was that the price of that proof set was not dependent upon the spot price of silver and the value comes from the demand for Delaware Silver Proofs to obtain a 70, and that was the only reason they were nearly 3 times as much as the next Silver Proof Set.

The two women I talked to on the phone at first were not concerned at all about keeping a future customer. They actually went so far as to say that since I was making a hassle out of the order that it would probably take them longer to pull my order. I was threatened with penalization.

So I took a different route and canceled the transaction on the Master Card side. The follow up 'manager' I guess is what he was, tried to offer freebies and I told him I wasn't doing this to get something free I just wanted what I ordered, that said it was in stock, delivered to me in a timely manner.

I will never do business with that company, Provident Metals, ever again. Many love the company and swear by them. Not me.

Side Note: Rick.....That was for you! lol

Many companies that offer reviews on their sites will not post negative reviews.

It's that simple.

So, when looking at reviews, look and see if the review is handled/hosted by the company itself.

If you want to buy only bullion coins, I've also purchased from JM Bullion. They are a Chicago outfit. Everything went great. They're not as sophisticated as APMEX, but the bullion pricing was slightly lower, so I tried them on a small order. Than made one larger order. For pure bullion, I'll likely keep buying from JM Bullion. For foreign bullion, I'll still use APMEX. Overall, I like both and will continue to use them for certain purchases.

I would keep in mind that their buyer may not have been discriminating enough. I heard collectors very happy with Provident, but Apmex seems to be the leader now in the metals business for many collectors. My guess is that Apmex will eat their losses more than some others if they buy rolls as BU and they turn out to be AU. If you are looking to fill out feedback site forms there are many places that allow you to do this.

For some strange reason, after reading this post, I went to their website. It may be insanity, but I chose to place a small order for some "zombucks" because I'm a huge "walking dead" fan. I hope my experience is better but I will let you know

Nick

I chose to place a small order for some "zombucks" because I'm a huge "walking dead" fan. I hope my experience is better but I will let you know

Nick

You are probably pretty safe on that purchase. I have no clue what a 'zombuck' is but I believe it would be a safe bet to guess that it is not a Precious Metal. Given that, they may have an extremely hard time trying to tell you that the price of the zombucks are tied to the volatile precious metals market and for that reason refunds are not an option. (shrug)

I won't put it past them though....

Well what do you know.....It is a Precious Metal after all. Ok.

Good Luck. I am sure everything will go without a hitch. (thumbs u

For some strange reason, after reading this post, I went to their website. It may be insanity, but I chose to place a small order for some "zombucks" because I'm a huge "walking dead" fan. I hope my experience is better but I will let you know

Nick

So I had to figure out what a zombuck was. Now I want some. But dont want to purchase from them. Life is so complicated, lol.

I've made several purchases from Provident Metals and I have always been very satisfied with my purchases. APMEX is also a good source for bullion but their prices are a lot higher than other sources.

Nick

So I had to figure out what a zombuck was. Now I want some. But dont want to purchase from them. Life is so complicated, lol.

I checked on eBay. Apparently they must be new or only buy them from certain places. I don't know but some people are trying to per sell them for like $40. I just preferred going to the source.

Nick

I checked on eBay. Apparently they must be new or only buy them from certain places. I don't know but some people are trying to per sell them for like $40. I just preferred going to the source.

Their web site says they will only be available until Halloween. They are priced quite reasonably for a novelty coin.