• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slab renew results

15 posts in this topic

a few weeks ago i was complaining about how my opinion of my 1909-S VDB is that its a nice coin but i couldnt show it. the slab was severly scuffed and scratched. Well after some advice from another member, i purchased this product and tried it. Let me know what you think.

The first 2 are before and the rest are afters.........

I applied it twice, it says that may need to be applied a few times.

140232.jpg.70773b01947a85303ecebe74d332cbc0.jpg

140233.jpg.14ba664603798d16029bff88a9ab75a2.jpg

140234.jpg.aa6aaa45aaf953eba5159d55dc810c09.jpg

140235.jpg.7f420d62fe9c8eaf48566475f177637f.jpg

140236.jpg.7a4fdede84e52c7f982689a8a91291bd.jpg

where and how much. I have a couple slabs that look like they have taken a long dirt road

It's actually gone up quite a bit since I purchased my first bottle. You can buy it either on eBay (and use eBay bucks) or can purchase it from the company's website http://www.slabrenew.com/.

Edited to add: For me, it has worked well on PCGS slabs. It works on NGC slabs too, but I always have a harder time with them regardless of the product used. Apparently, PCGS uses a softer plastic than NGC. :(

Save money and purchase an item like PlastX from AutoZone. It works just as good in my opinion and is much cheaper per ounce.

(thumbs u +1

Carl

Save money and purchase an item like PlastX from AutoZone. It works just as good in my opinion and is much cheaper per ounce.

I have never tried this before, but look forward to doing so. Thanks for the suggestion for the future.

Exactly.....I use Novus #2 fine scratch remover.....will make PCGS slabs look like new...but the new NGC slabs are still nearly impossible to polish.