• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well I guessed this one right posted by wmfielding

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

why Me lol

well yesterday my 2 coin WP American Eagle set was graded and posted in my submissions page and just like last year they were split 1 PF 70 and 1 SP 69.

Anyone know of a dealer selling the enhanced coin with the west point star label with the first release pedigree ? the hunt begins tonight. sometimes I hate it when I'm right lol

See more journals by wmfielding

I run into the same problem. If you have the patience, I believe your best bet will be Ebay. There should be plenty of listings and the price should come down as these coins hit the market. I usually sell the coin I don't need ( to get top dollar early) and then wait for what I think is a fair price for the 70 that I need to complete my set.

Here's one of the current listings:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-W-West-Point-Silver-Eagle-Set-Enhanced-NGC-SP-70-Early-Releases-Star-Label-/281134571227?pt=US_Bullion_Coins&hash=item4174ed1edb

I also started purchasing more than one set from the mint to ensure I would get at least one set back at 70.

Good luck and happy collecting.

John

Michael ----A few weeks and there will be a ton of them for sale on the bay----- A month or more and the prices will be more reasonable. :)

Happy Hunting!!!

I'd wait 6 months and then purchase one for about 1/3rd of the cost...but if you are in a hurry to fill the slot in your registry, then ebay is usually the best place to get specific: grades, TPG and slab/labels...good luck

Mike i have the same luck, if one is a 70's the other will alway be a 69 you can take that to the bank, just once i would like to get one set thgat is all 70's, like like the guys say wait a couple of weeks and the prices will drop. have a good one Don

Ebay prices on last year's San Francisco set stabilized about three months after the first wave hit the market, and haven't gone down much if any since then. I'm going to wait until September to start looking for a West Point set.

When I added up the original price from the Mint, three rounds of shipping, grading fees and the (almost certain) 69 grade on one or both coins, I decided to sit out the Mint frenzy and pay the going rate for a 70 set when the price stabilizes.

There are a few individual 70's on ebay now. Good luck on filling out your set.