• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another ebay gamble.. what do you think?

8 posts in this topic

i like to "gamble" on ebay, buying coins that are listed with bad or blurry pics that i can see potential in.. the last few turned out to be very nice, like this one (all pics on this post are SELLER'S pics):

KGrHqJqQFDtWQkccBRDtny1gQ60_57_zps4495392f.jpg

and this one:

T2eC16F0E9s37FbmOBRwF6cCJ7Q60_57_zps507d19bd.jpg

so today i picked up another one of these.. this one did not have a really bad pic but it was not the greatest pic either, and was listed at a very reasonable price.. it is graded by NGC. I hope i did good. what do you think? grade-wise but also concerning its eye-appeal?

T2eC16hHJGYE9nookQjcBR4zVBtjnw60_57_zpsbc35b84e.jpg

T2eC16RHJHcFFkBwvffBR4zVEfZkw60_57_zpsb2f0eca9.jpg

The Walking Liberty Half Dollar has potential. I like the Peace Dollar. The quarter is probably going to be richly/darkly toned.

the quarter and walker are already here, they're both very pleasing (especially the walker) and were a great buy. the quarter was dark, but not AS dark as the pics suggest, and way more colorful..

the peace is the one i just purchased.. any guesses on the grade?

I won't spoil the grade on the peace dollar. I saw it and put it in my watchlist, I knew it would go fast I think for the grade and the little bit of color, it was priced fairly.

Not a fan of the quarter, but I think the walker will look nice in hand.

Nick

I won't spoil the grade on the peace dollar. I saw it and put it in my watchlist, I knew it would go fast I think for the grade and the little bit of color, it was priced fairly.

Not a fan of the quarter, but I think the walker will look nice in hand.

Nick

i think it was only up for 4 or 5 hours before i bought it.

i've seen white peace dollars of the same date/grade sell for a little more than what i paid for this one so im happy with what i paid

The Walking Liberty Half Dollar has potential. I like the Peace Dollar. The quarter is probably going to be richly/darkly toned.

the quarter and walker are already here, they're both very pleasing (especially the walker) and were a great buy. the quarter was dark, but not AS dark as the pics suggest, and way more colorful..

the peace is the one i just purchased.. any guesses on the grade?

The surfaces look clean, but because of the strike, I'll call it MS64.

The quarter looks REALLY colorful and I like the Walker, too.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the left facing side of that Peace dollar reverse? I'd grade it anywhere from AU-MS 63.