• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does it bother any of you?

16 posts in this topic

Does it bother any of you that in looking at the many worthy numismatic and educational posts on this forum that the one with the most responses was the one from this king koin guy? I did not want to make a response to that thread and make it even bigger than it is, but I thought that this is something that people should think about. Why respond to a thread about nothing and then virtually ignore all the positive and useful threads?

The instinct to gawk is just as strong as the instinct to collect. It's basic human nature and not worth complaining about. The longest threads will always be the most inflaming threads.

EVP, Kingcoin is the one now referred to as "relentless" and even you are responsible for some of the 30+ posts in his thread. He was briefly known as "urine naut" and aka "coinholio"

I don't mean to sound like a smart-allick, but isn't this thread essentially about "nothing?" I know I have contributed the large number of responses to Relentless' threads, but it was an attempt to get him to leave. I have noticed if you make a person feel unwelcome, they would not want to be here.

wow the best thread i have ever read!! i see this over on the other boards lots and lots!

great coin threads AND no responses

and then idiotic stupid foolishness and dirty little babeeish

threads and posts and these get all the responses......lol

human nature never ceases to amaze me.............lol

nothing will ever change but this thread is certianly a great thought

soon to be forgotten

then back to business and total nonsence and fighting and babeeness and preening and looking to make a buck with

all the money hungry threads,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............lol

sincerely michael

You're right Joe, this thread is not coin related, but I wouldn't say it's about nothing. In fact it's an important call for all of us to not even dignify the /crazy/trouble-making threads with a response! If you can see a coin related thread and pass up the opportunity to respond, why can't you do the same with one of these other threads? I am not saying you should respond to every thread, after all there are far more areas of this hobby that don't interest me than those that do. Just think twice before responding. In my opinion and experience, the one thing that drives trouble-makers away from these boards quicker than making them feel unwelcome is to just ignore them! They are only doing it for attention, and will keep doing it as long as they get the attention they don't deserve.

Hi, this is my very first time on this board, and I am already hearing about King Coin. I thought I could use this board as a sanctuary from him.

Anyway, for the past 6 months I have been using the Ebay coin forums. King Koin has caused a lot of problems there. On Ebay, he was trying to sell a few die cracked proof coins. He listed a Proof Massachusetts State Quarter with a small die crack. Due to the die cracks location, he termed it the " Minute Man Quarter" and tried selling it for $100,000, no, you did not misread, I said $100,000. The bad part is that he spammed the boards advertising his auctions, something that is not allowed. He is hated by most users of the board and an overall nuisance on ebay. Well, thats my two cents.

Some of the best threads on coins get read but not responded to because there's not much to add besides 'I agree.' Sometimes the non coin threads get more responses because anyone can have an opinion instead of just reading and learning.

Sometimes the non coin threads get more responses because anyone can have an opinion instead of just reading and learning.

I look at "thread views" long before I care about response count. It's a much better indicator of interest level.

Problem is if the response level sinks on a good thread it gets pushed back no matter how many people read it. It ends up on the second or third page and doesn't get seen. Maybe view level should be taken into account in keeping a thread at the top.

So I agree wink.gif