• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks to all who bought coins posted by wmfielding

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A Heart felt thank you to all who bought coins to help with hospital bills

Hello Fellow collectors.

Thanks to all who bought coins from me, Medicare and Blue cross and blue shield. And your help paid all my hospital bills my out of pocket part came to a whopping $ 225.00 they are now all paid up and I'm sleeping much better. the only thing left to do is quit a nasty habit I've had for the last 37 years and that is to quit smoking. I've tried every thing patches electric smokes.

Does anyone out there know how to read the old farmers almanac ? there is suppose to be a part in it that shows when the signs are in your feet and this is suppose to be the time to quit smoking. so if anyone understands what I'm talking about my birthday is 10/28/1960 @1145pm. please pm me if you know the answer as I no not what this made public.

Again thank all of you who bought coins. Happy Collecting and may God Bless...Mike

See more journals by wmfielding

As a former smoker, double cancer survivor and having had a massive heart attack, I have found that the only way to quit smoking is to make up your mind to actually quit and throw the D A M N things away.

wheat

I have been a non-smoker for a little over 7 years now and I did it using Chantix (Rx from Dr.) and the determination to quit. That's the key (how bad do you really want to quit). :tonofbricks:

It's like losing weight, you have to want to lose it. and then quit eating so friggin much.

Jumping down off my soapbox now .............

its been 4 years for me. do i miss it, yes. will i go back to it, no. i live here in new england where its all taxed. when i want to torch one up i go look at the prices and think of where i left off

I had started smoking when i was 12 years old, and smoked for 32 years, i had tried to stop smoking a couple of times cold turkey, but that would last a couple of weeks and when back somking more, i was at 21/2 packs a day, i tried going th a hypnosis that help for about 9 months, i did this a couple times, it help some but back to smoking and after a couple of years , i was determined to quit smoking and it finely happined i quit. I am now smoke free for 28 years, it was hard keep with it youy'll stop. good luck and god be with you. Don

You have to get mad. You have to WANT to quit. We've all heard of "will power"? You need to strengthen your will power, then you will succeed. It helps if you can make it more difficult to have a smoke. Don't buy them, don't carry them around with you, don't hang out with people that smoke or places where people smoke. And don't go to places that sell them. The bottom line is, never allow one to go in your mouth. Also, the hardest part of quitting is constantly thinking about it. You have to occupy your mind with something else. Stay busy, and work hard. If you have any habits or rituals, like taking a smoke break, or smoking after a meal or when you wake up, or whatever you do, you have to substitute something. Try going for a walk around the block and concentrate on stepping over the cracks. RUN when you can. It will help to clear all that out. Smoking is a terrible thing to start, and a difficult thing to quit. But it's not impossible, if you really want to. Be strong, and tell everyone that you've quit. Don't tell them you're trying to quit, tell them you have quit and don't ever want to smoke again. Even smokers will support you. If they don't support you, take the cig out of their mouth, and throw it down and stomp on it. If you do this enough, they will quit, or at least they'll avoid you. Good luck, and be STRONG!