• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1993 Jefferson Commemorative Silver Dollar posted by NAS Fallon Firefighter

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Father's Day Gift

Greetings everybody,

Here is my latest edition to my modern commemorative collection....a 1993 Jefferson MS70. The reverse of this coin is what really makes it stand out. The image of Monticello is very impressive and it came out wonderfully on the coin. The pic I took can not relay the quality of work on the reverse of this coin. This is one that needs to be in hand to truly appreciate!

My wife...for Father's Day...told to go pick out a coin to add to my collection and even though she has a basic understanding of the coins I collect, she leaves it up to me to make the choice. She is far smarter person then I!

When I added this coin to the registry, it gives me a total of 55 modern comms in my collection. But it is only 39 percent complete! Damn...that is a lot of holes to fill! I will see if I can get that closer to 50 percent by the end of the year. It does not seem too difficult of a task.

Take care and happy collecting!

Jeffrey

13930.JPG

See more journals by NAS Fallon Firefighter

Jeffrey,

Mine wasn't a gift but I just received mine also (MS69). I used a pic of mine in my Thomas Jefferson President coin presentation. At this point I don't have a lot of interest on the commems but maybe some day. I do also have the Madison in MS69 and still need the Washington in MS69. I'll keep looking for a decent price on that one.

Good luck on getting to 50%. If we don't "plan the work and work the plan" we don't achieve much. An old friend of mine told me that when I first got out of college a long time ago. I've tried to follow that rule. Most of the time it works.

Michael

Congratulations on a super nice piece!

I also really like the specimen finish 5c piece that came in the Jefferson Coin & Currency Set of the same year along with the uncirculated silver $1 coin and a $2 bill. While many folks prefer blast white moderns, the packaging of this particular set imparted a sweet honey orange-brown toning to some of the coins that, to me, looks terrific.

In any event best of luck as you continue to build your modern commen collection!

Beijim