• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Troubleshooting posted by Six Mile Rick

13 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Another day working on getting better pics.

Friends,

I recently acquired a few nice nickels and had someone wanting to see pics of the 1941-D MS67 5FS. I took 5 rounds at different lighting and angles and all were rough looking. Finally after 2 hours of mistakes I got out of the direct sunlight and took a pic sitting on the porch.

Outcome of my labor today --- Reverse 1941-D

13921.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Thank's Guys,

The steps came out pretty good in this pic but the columns and center of building got shaded away. Would be a little nicer without the scuffs on the slab. :)

Nice picture Rick, I like how you captured the luster of the coin. Coins with a lot of luster can be bears to photograph because the luster diffuses light all over the place. Unfortunately, photographing coins is one of those things you continually refine to get the right effect and usually after MANY attempts. Thankfully, everything is digital now making room for a lot of trial and error.

Gary

Hi Rick,

I'm impressed by your direct sunlight photo! That turned out awesome! I've given up on direct sunlight myself.......my pics in natural light always turn out horrible! I typically use fluorescent lighting and have good luck with that. But judging by that photo, you should just keep on keeping on with what you're doing!