• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making Some Changes by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

yes I have some for sale, I will also place this in the Forum.

Hi All,

First off, I want to clarify my last journal, I was not by any means raising a fuss or anything. I just thought it was a point that needs to remind us all who collect some of the modern coins.

I think everyone here knows I enjoy western theme coins, and coins from the western mints and also currency. So I am cutting down on some of the modern coins and putting them up for sale. What I decided on is to not do the silver state quarters (even though they are minted in San Francisco). I am doing the ATB quarters, as my brother and I have both been to some.

As to the Sac dollars, I am keeping the 2001S proof, and the proofs from 2009 on. I do like the Sacs from 2009 on, I appreciate the different design on the reverse. I have the 2010 and 2011, if anyone has an extra 2009 or 2012 or 2013 in PF70 UC and would want to trade for one of my pre 2009 Sacs, I would be agreeable.

Here is want I am keeping. The only non silver/gold coins I am doing sets of are the Buffalo Nickel and Canadian Beaver proof nickels. I love both designs, and the Canadian design is a viable western theme, as the beaver fur trade was an important part of the early west. Also, I might start doing a few Indian Head cents.

Otherwise everything else I collect will be either silver or gold from a western mint. Also I am starting to look for a the $10 Legal Tender Bison note and the $5 Chief silver certificate. Also, I will be having a few commem dollars that I like and the same from Canada and Mexico.

Ok, since this one is a little longer, I will make my for sale entry separate, and I will put it in the Forum in the proper place.

13906.jpg

See more journals by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

Brian,

Of the sets you are keeping I have some Modern Commemorative coins in the sets that I sell out of year round. Check my page and let me know if any interest you. We may find a coin or two to trade with.

Later--Rick