• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Studies In The Numismatic History Of Georgia In Transcaucasia

5 posts in this topic

Please let us know the subject of the text EVP and the unique coverage of the book. "Transcaucasia" is a very strange word and I'd love to have it defined then explained numismatically! smile.gif

Hoot

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The author was actually David M. Lang, without the all-important 'e' at the end. George knows the correct spelling, but his computer's spell-check program has run amuck, automatically standardizing the spelling in my favor. I've noticed this in his sales for the past several years.

I'm not related to either David M. Lang or old-time dealer Paul M. Lange, both of whom are deceased. Furthermore, I've never been in the Transcaucasia region, though I hear it's lovely in the spring.

Thanks, David W. Lange, or can we just call you Dubya? smile.gif

For those who don't know, the Transcaucasus is a mountainous region that extends into the old Soviet Union. Georgia is a former Soviet republic, and its inhabitants are yoghurt-eaters with extreme longevity!

If memory serves, the indigenous Georgians are a very ancient people and probably related to the legendary Amazon people. (No, not like in Brazil but more like on TV!)

EVP