• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewP: 1923 Peace

27 posts in this topic

Not yet in hand, but has potential for the $45 it cost!

$T2eC16dHJHwE9n8ii+B(BRrmY)43Uw~~60_57.jpg

Also picked up this 1923-D in a PCGS XF details holder due to environmental damage for a little more than $40, real unique looking.

119224-1.jpg

I saw that 23P and thought about a bid but ultimately passed, I loved the coin but was concerned about it grading due to the dark colors on the irm near the observe as well as the black spot at 11 oclock on the reverse

However if you can get her to slab it will be a nice score when you sell it.

Are those your pics or the listings

The 23D in my opinion is better than that horde of AT'd garbage peace$ being sold on the bay currently. if you dip her in acetone I think the color pattern will be nice once the pvc is all gone.

I guess if you are bound and determined to buy Peace dollars with toning on them, these coins are okay, but I would advise beginning collectors to avoid pieces like this. Among the four sides we see here, only the reverse of the 1923 dollar could be called "attractive" by some collectors. If this type of material makes you happy, go for it, but one should not get the idea that coins like this are a bargain.

I guess if you are bound and determined to buy Peace dollars with toning on them, these coins are okay, but I would advise beginning collectors to avoid pieces like this. Among the four sides we see here, only the reverse of the 1923 dollar could be called "attractive" by some collectors. If this type of material makes you happy, go for it, but one should not get the idea that coins like this are a bargain.

I agree for the most part. The 2nd coin, with environmental damage, is not something I would recommend beginners to acquire.

The first coin, however, has a shot to look much nicer than the pictures depict, as I do not yet have it in hand. I think the obverse of the 1923 will be more colorful in person. I bought it for a song at $45 for its potential.

Both are interesting and have unique looks. Worth collecting for at least that reason and is justifyable beyond some of the bullion premiums out there. Would rather have either of those than an MS 70 ASE(ignoring the monetary resell angle)

If you place your ear real closely on the obverse of the 23-D and listen really carefully I bet you could hear Ms. Liberty singing "It's A Hard Knock Life" ;)

If you place your ear real closely on the obverse of the 23-D and listen really carefully I bet you could hear Ms. Liberty singing "It's A Hard Knock Life" ;)

lol:signfunny:

Congratulations for, at least, allowing the coin to be auctioned off and not contacting the seller to have them cancel the auction and sell it to you.The rest of us attempting to collect toned Peace dollars appreciate your restraint and can only hope it continues.

Congratulations for, at least, allowing the coin to be auctioned off and not contacting the seller to have them cancel the auction and sell it to you.The rest of us attempting to collect toned Peace dollars appreciate your restraint and can only hope it continues.

Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do to get a coin you want.

I don't think they'd be right for me, but I hope you like them.

This is the understatement of the thread. I will not share my true feelings on these pieces, because I do not want to offend the OP.

I don't think they'd be right for me, but I hope you like them.

This is the understatement of the thread. I will not share my true feelings on these pieces, because I do not want to offend the OP.

No offense taken. I know they are not for most people, although i thought the first one would get more love than it has, lol.

I agree for the most part. The 2nd coin, with environmental damage, is not something I would recommend beginners to acquire.

The first coin, however, has a shot to look much nicer than the pictures depict, as I do not yet have it in hand. I think the obverse of the 1923 will be more colorful in person. I bought it for a song at $45 for its potential.

I hope it works out and the coin looks colorful and awesome in hand.

P.S. Was this an eBay purchase?

JC might have a nice cherry pick with the first coin...

This one just sold (for what I would guess substantially more than $45+grading fees) and IMHO its a lot like his coin...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330899722947?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks brother. I like your thinking.

I really like the reverse of the 1923. A candidate for a reverse forward slab.

Which one?

The 23-P. Its reverse is very nice.

I honor of JC... took a chance on this one... for $32.00

Cant really go wrong... in MS62 its a $60 coin in MS64 its $120 and MS65 it jumps to $450....

$(KGrHqZ,!qYFGTudMnrFBRufElS1tQ~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!mIFGr(ydTRIBRufEUgKhQ~~60_3.JPG

Here's the description:

"Quite nice 26 P toned with pretty greens, pinks, and some oranges around the rim."

I dont see the pinks and oranges but 26-Ps rarely tone nicely...