• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coin values

2 posts in this topic

When or is NGC ever going adjust their stated coin values? On many coins in high grade NGC's values are getting closer and closer to being the same value (as in accuracy) as the grey sheet which is almost useless on the higher grade scarcer coins. There are several that I would buy a truck load if they could be found for the prices now being used. I am inquiring about this because while attempting to sell some NGC coins the buyer informed me that I was asking more than the FMV as posted by NGC,(even though the auction price was more than your stated FMV) and almost as much as a PCGS coin. I think that your own valuation of your slabed coins may also be affecting the spread between NGC and PCGS coins.

wheat

• Administrator

Thanks for the post. NGC recently hired Keith Zaner to serve as a pricing analyst. (Read the press release here.) He will work to make the NGC US Coin Price Guide as accurate as possible and will respond to you directly. He can also be reached at kzaner@ngccoin.com.