• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CACs on my Franklin Proof Cameo Registry set

19 posts in this topic

Well, 6 of them are PF-69 and PF-69* CAM so didn't really expect them to get a CAC anyway, right? Another 5 are PF-68 CAM also. The ones that CAC'd are graded PF65 to PF-67 CAM.

So that makes 3 out of 4 CAC'd in that grade range, so not so bad when one thinks of it.

I submitted a bunch of other stuff -- most noteworthy is that my PCGS AU-55 1652 Mass 3-pence received a bean, so that was nice.

They probably won't harm the coins or holders, so it's OK.

I heard that CAC stickers are acidic and burn through NGC slabs. They are a bane to the market I tells ya! Evil! :devil:

jom

I heard that CAC stickers are acidic and burn through NGC slabs. They are a bane to the market I tells ya! Evil!

I think it is the conversations about them that are acidic..... :)

I don't see why one would submit their coins to a TPG and then to CAC. Why not cut out the middle-man and convince CAC to become a Slabbing TPG...since their opinion matters so much.

...or for that matter, get the top 2 TPG's in the bean business. Send your NGC coin across the street for a PCGS bean of approval & vice versa.

...or ppl can send them to me, and i'll stick a jelly bean sticker on there that either says "You have spent your $30 at the TPG wisely" or one that just says "dummy." and then charge $10 for it.

...or ppl can send them to me, and i'll stick a jelly bean sticker on there that either says "You have spent your $30 at the TPG wisely" or one that just says "dummy." and then charge $10 for it.

I'd go for this. However, I want to know what color the "dummy" sticker would be. hm

jom

Well, 6 of them are PF-69 and PF-69* CAM so didn't really expect them to get a CAC anyway, right? Another 5 are PF-68 CAM also. The ones that CAC'd are graded PF65 to PF-67 CAM.

CAC will sticker coins in the PF68 to PF69 range. The most likely culprit for some of them not stickering may have been that CAC disagreed with the cameo designation. Also, if any have any toning (and yes I have seen NGC PF69 cameo coins with splotchy toning :sorry:), that could have been the culprit.

I submitted a bunch of other stuff -- most noteworthy is that my PCGS AU-55 1652 Mass 3-pence received a bean, so that was nice.

This is what matters the most. I don't think most proof Franklin collectors are insisting on CAC stickers (based on my observation of the market); however, I bet that there are some buyers who would appreciate the CAC sticker on the colonial.

I have a toned proof Franklin in my type set that received a gold sticker. It is in a PCGS PF67 Cameo holder. I was very pleased as I love the coin itself, and the gold sticker just adds to it. Well worth the $10 investment.

I have a toned proof Franklin in my type set that received a gold sticker. It is in a PCGS PF67 Cameo holder. I was very pleased as I love the coin itself, and the gold sticker just adds to it. Well worth the $10 investment.

How did you interpret the gold sticker? Should the coin be PF68 or a PF67 with some Cameo designation?

jom