• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow. Amazing how far life can take you... posted by Revenant

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

14 months...

It's funny to me that I still think about this place periodically. Wish I could be here like I used to be. I miss you guys.

Life has been choosing other priorities though. I don't have the luxury of it all anymore.

Still have my coins. Still moving forward with the Ph.D. Learning so much. 2 relationships later. One was horrible; One, well, we'll see. :) Kinda funny to me that it was the new girlfriend that made me think of this place again.

Nice that I'm so predictable with passwords....

See more journals by Revenant

It's so nice to hear from you again, and it's interesting that I just thought of you the other day and the good times we had on this forum. I'm so glad to see that you are moving ahead in your life. Life is like a book with chapters or seasons in a year, you move from one into the next. Perhaps there will be another collecting season in your book just a few chapters away! At any rate, keep us posted we love to hear from you! All the best in your educational pursuits... and your relationship with your girlfriend! There could be many chapters in your life book where she will be a prominent character! Enjoy the journey!

Gary

Great to hear from you! Been wondering how things are going so I'm glad you are making progress. Keep up the good work on the PhD and good luck with the lady friend. Sometimes they are more challenging than finding that oh so special coin.

Keep us posted as you continue with your education and your relationships.

Michael

Hi W.,

Yes, it's good to hear from you again. I do recall the demands of grad school. I had suspended coin collecting when I started college, and practically forgot about it altogether during grad school. I got married after the first year of grad school. We proceeded to have our two boys before I was done. The six post-doc years were no easier. But time, eventual stability, and an understanding wife enabled me to get back into it.

I have to disagree with Rick and "variety is the spice of life", at least in regards to women. My wife was my only girlfriend, and I her only boyfriend. Tomorrow is our 29th anniversary. I'm very thankful that I never experienced any of the negative 'stuff' that frequently goes with variety.

In any case, I wish you the best, and hope to hear from you again soon!

Alan