• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newps 1910-S Lincoln: Grade in 1st Post

22 posts in this topic

Just got it and am very pleased. Well struck with excellent color. Care to guess what PCGS had to say?

PCGS went with 63RB. Might go BN today but it looks like a 64 to me.

1910-Sslab_zps265c0bb6.png

1910-SLWC_zps8eef6bf7.jpg

MS - 64 brown. I am not sure that there is enough red to get an R&B.]

I don't think so either but his statement "Just got it and am very pleased" makes me think that they assigned RB anyway. lol

Now that I have seen this piece on my computer screen and not an ipad, I can say for sure that this piece does not have enough red to be called R&B..

I could see this as a MS65 BN. All in all, it is still a very nice Lincoln cent! Nice pick up!

I think that this piece might be a little on the dull side. For that reason I think that MS-64 is its limit. An MS-65 needs to have strong mint luster under the brown toning. This pieces has very few marks like an MS-65, but the eye appeal is not quite there, at least from the photo.

I could see this as a MS65 BN. All in all, it is still a very nice Lincoln cent! Nice pick up!

I think that this piece might be a little on the dull side. For that reason I think that MS-64 is its limit. An MS-65 needs to have strong mint luster under the brown toning. This pieces has very few marks like an MS-65, but the eye appeal is not quite there, at least from the photo.

I was basing my opinion on the possibility that the photos may be a little under-exposed. That could be the source of the dull appearance.

The pics in the first post were copied from the Heritage auction. Here are my images. There is much more red than the Heritage images suggested and it is designated RB. I'll post the slab grade later tonight.

Thank you for all the grades and comments.

10-Scolor_zpsd0f9ff38.jpg

Going by your pictures I would say that it is a solid MS-64, but a bit of a marginal R&B. The one good thing you can say about the color is that it is original and not enhanced.

I would say that is appropriate given the dull luster. It does have nice surfaces for the grade though.

I would be pleased in hand if I bid on the HA pics. You probably got a good price.