• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Been gone, but I'm back and my Roosevelts are toning!

5 posts in this topic

So I am proud to have completed my Roosevelt Dansco 8125 as I searched for the perfect coin for each and every slot. I pulled it out a few days ago and was in awe of all the colors I found inside.

I'd say 20% of the coins are toning and they have some funky design. One of the FDR's face and only his face turned blue while the reverse has a bulleyes type rainbow tone. a couple are golden but most have color, lots and lots of color.

I tried taking pictures, but my skills with the camera are lacking. Can't pick up any of the color.

Just thought I'd share and say it's nice to be back!

Very nice!!!

Now that you now that a chemical change is taking place you need to monitor things because at some point the coins may begin to "over cook" and the colors will change from attractive to something less. I'd plan on re assembling your collection in flips to prevent this, a couple at a time.

Welcome back!!