• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ICCS - 1849 GB Florin

8 posts in this topic

I was hoping to get some (pre-sale) opinions on this piece.

(Selling here on the boards)

I'm trying to determine a price for this before I sell it but wasn't sure about ICCS (International Coin Certification Service)...

I believe they're based out of Canada but are they reputable in terms of their grades? I'm asking because I really don't deal with foreign coins.

Thanks for any information!

(By the way, the line across Victoria's neck in the last photo is a reflection off of the sealed flip)

ICCS_zpseffaa5cf.jpg

ICCS2_zps7bc9c194.jpg

florin-rev2_zpsc0f08fb9.jpg

florin-rev1_zps49730065.jpg

victoria.jpg

Thank you...

I've been looking at realized prices on eBay and they appear to be all over the place on raw pieces.

I know, it's eBay.

So I'll list it here and see what happens.

I'm curious... is the NGC online guide simply taken from Krause or is it reflective of NGC sales?

I'm curious... is the NGC online guide simply taken from Krause or is it reflective of NGC sales?

It's provided by Krause (straight from the books).

It is a very attractive coin and appears to be a nice CH XF. A super world issue which would grace any advanced collection. Congrats

I had a 1906 Edwardian Florin I purchased raw (mid 1990's) and got it slabbed - PCGS Graded it MS64. I had it for a number of years and then it eventually sold at my asking price. It was a beautiful coin, with attractive toning.